shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#678705 - 09/06/12 07:32 AM Nissan Bilstiens
bedrock Offline

Our Nissan service dept. replaced our original rear Bilstiens with supposedly identical ones on my wife's 06 Offroad. (I'm pissed off because the old ones were fine and I could have done it myself in 20 minutes but that's a long story). Anyway, the new ones are worthless, way softer than the originals. I know these aren't "real" Bilsteins and are made much more cheaply than the real ones but does any one know if Nissan made them softer since '06? And if they did, what I can replace them with? Bilstein couldn't even guarantee that their 4600s would be stiffer or not.

#678708 - 10/06/12 06:31 PM Re: Nissan Bilstiens [Re: bedrock]
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Most go with the Bil 5100's instead of the 4600's...as the 5100's are made specifically for off road/modified rigs, and the 4600 series is an OEM replacement series.

You can actually fit the 5100's meant for the lift kits onto bone stock X's, and they work better AND give more wheel travel.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#678714 - 11/06/12 04:17 PM Re: Nissan Bilstiens [Re: TJ]
Nissan_MasterTech Offline

Loc: Florida
If there was nothing wrong with the old ones then why did you authorize their replacement ?
confused

In case you missed class that day, the first rule of auto repair is.....

If it ain't broke , Don't fix it.

or

Leave it alone and don't fuck with it.
cool

Maybe some Monroe Sensatrac's will make it rid rough again. lol grin

After all, the job takes less that 20 minutes to do. shit, at that rate you could 6 pairs of shocks in under 2 hrs. Ur my hero !

#678718 - 11/06/12 08:17 PM Re: Nissan Bilstiens [Re: Nissan_MasterTech]
bedrock Offline

As I said, long story. I wasn't around to NOT authorize it. If you're really a Nissan Tech, could you tell me if newer "made for Nissan" Bilsteins are softer than those made in 06

#678719 - 12/06/12 04:47 AM Re: Nissan Bilstiens [Re: bedrock]
Nissan_MasterTech Offline

Loc: Florida
If you did'nt authorize it, return to the dealership and get your money back.

I don't drive an X everyday and I can't speak about the ride of one shock versus another but I know there are people on here that can.

I can tell you what it feels like when shocks wear out.

The shocks produced for Nissan by Bilstein are made to OEM standards dictated by Nissan, what they are I don't know as that info is unimportant to me.

Moderator:  SvenDog 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal