shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#678944 - 22/07/12 11:47 AM where on earth is the a/c thermo sensor amplifier!
Femc53 Offline

Loc: boca raton,florida.
i am fed up with mechanics trying to bleed me dry when service is needed for my 200 xterra. Can someone help with this issue!? thanks

#678946 - 22/07/12 05:24 PM Re: where on earth is the a/c thermo sensor amplifier! [Re: Femc53]
dj4leftcoast Offline

My AC on my '00 SE was working intermittantly. The Thermal Control Amplifier (TCA) is buried in the dash requiring dash removal to replace. My wrench just hotwired across the TCA (which apparently keeps the evaporator coils from freezing up) and told me to shut down AC breifly if air stops coming out of the registers(freeze up) - with no harm to system. Have had no problems since ... Good luck!

#678947 - 23/07/12 04:56 AM Re: where on earth is the a/c thermo sensor amplifier! [Re: dj4leftcoast]
Nissan_MasterTech Offline

Loc: Florida
The TCA is loacated in the evaporator case, partial disassembly of the case is needed but removal of the dash is not needed to do the job as mentioned above.

You'll need to remove the glove box, 6 screws.

You'll see the TCA connector clipped on the front of the case with a wire leading into the case, the connector is white.

remove the small silver colored screws that hold the case halfs together and then remove the 2 gold colored ones that hold the case to the firewall.

Here comes the tricky part, pop the case open and gingerly slip your hand in there and temove the probe that is pushed into the evaporator coil, try not to overstress the case as it could crack. Small hands are a must for this.Insert the new probe in the same general area.

Then reassemble all and thats it.

#678948 - 23/07/12 08:57 AM Re: where on earth is the a/c thermo sensor amplifier! [Re: Nissan_MasterTech]
dj4leftcoast Offline

I stand corrected!
Thanks ...

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal