shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#678954 - 25/07/12 10:16 AM Air conditioner issue
derekwhicks Offline

The AC blows perfectly cold while in motion, and after being stopped for a bit. eventually, the air coming from the vents becomes much warmer. upon driving again, the temp goes back to cold. need assistance please. also, when its not very cold, we get what seems to me a burning coolant smell in the vehicle. if we let it stay on too long, the smell is almost overwhelming. anyone know why this is occurring. (i'm no mechanic, just trying to save some $$$$!)

#678958 - 25/07/12 04:04 PM Re: Air conditioner issue [Re: derekwhicks]
Nissan_MasterTech Offline

Loc: Florida
Well , you got a couple thins going on.

1. coolant smell in the vehicle. Most likely caused by a leaking heater core.

2. AC blowing warm at stops, most likely due coolant loss and overheating. As the engine begins to overheat the ECM (computer) shuts off the AC compressor to remove any excessive loads on the engine.

As you begin to drive what little coolant that is left in the engine begins to corculate, the engine cools down and the AC returns.

First thing... Fix the coolant leak before you roast the head gaskets.

#678960 - 26/07/12 09:47 AM Re: Air conditioner issue [Re: Nissan_MasterTech]
derekwhicks Offline

THANK YOU! your explanation seems almost exactly like what we've been going through. also, i have a post about the engine surge at about 1500 RPM upon take-off. any ideas about that? it didnt start until i took off the throttle body to attempt to clean it and remove and clean the IACV.

#678969 - 27/07/12 03:49 PM Re: Air conditioner issue [Re: derekwhicks]
Nissan_MasterTech Offline

Loc: Florida
Did you move or change the position of the throttle position sensor/switch located on the left side of the throttle body ?

It's circular in shape and has 2 connectors going to it.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal