2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#679765 - 16/02/13 01:35 PM Aftermarket Stereo
Topher Offline

Looking to put a new head unit in the X sometime next month. Looking at one that's a double DIN touchscreen, (no NAV.) Is the install pretty easy to do on these trucks? Any particular hangups or issues I should be aware of? I'm also hoping to get and hookup the unit so I can still use the steering wheel controls to change song, so same question on that as well if anyone's done it before. Thanks!

#679769 - 17/02/13 01:29 PM Re: Aftermarket Stereo [Re: Topher]
mfrank84 Offline

Loc: 5
Hey Topher,

I just joined the forum and saw your post. My wife has a 2005 SE that the head unit went out in. Just bought a double din unit from Crutchfied. If you go to their site and enter your vehicle info, they show exactly what you will need, including the steering wheel control harness. They send all the info you need to replace your unit if you buy it from them, including the required wiring harness (there's an additional charge for the steering wheel harness), faceplate trim kit and installation instructions specific to your year Xterra. If it's a 2005+ it's a snap, not sure about earlier models. One screw on top and everything else is snapped in to place with clips. Haven't installed mine yet do to time constraints but it should be soon and I don't for see any problems. Good luck.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal