shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92533 - 17/01/07 10:30 AM Houston Dealership???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I was wondering if anyone could recommend a dealership in the Houston area. I will be taking it there for service and possibly parts. I need to get an oil change and I am also in need of a trailer hitch/wiring harness.

#92534 - 17/01/07 10:47 AM Re: Houston Dealership???
mineralblue Offline

Loc: Downtown Houston, TX
Coming into town on business?

I regularly do my oil changes at Baker Jackson Nissan South at 610 and Buffalo Speedway... I would advise making a service appointment as they can get busy. They typically do a pretty good job of doing basic maintenance, topping off fluids, and inspecting my vehicle for any maintenance issues. If there's anything major (like brakes need to be replaced), I then take my vehicle diagnosis to a local mechanic I trust...

#92535 - 17/01/07 11:35 AM Re: Houston Dealership???
Anonymous
Unregistered

Mossy Nissan on I-10 and Kirkwood has been great to work with.

My X is not exactly stock and they have covered several different things under warentee that other shops wouldn't. They replaced a mud filled alternator, a broken motor mount, and even though my X was at 38k miles, they did the labor for free when my started went out. The only thing they didn't cover for me was a hose near the fuel tank causing a check engine light to stay on. They claimed it was split due to the body lift (a reasonable claim.)

I will continue to use Mossy any time I need help from a dealership.

If I don't need a dealership then Starlight Auto in Katy is the best little shop I know of. These guys are knowledgeable and honest as the day is long and that is saying a lot in the auto business.

#92536 - 17/01/07 12:12 PM Re: Houston Dealership???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know of both of those places! Good to know they are both reputable.

I have been in H-town since October; my wife is being treated at MD Anderson and we will probably be here until March or April. I will need the trailer hitch to get all our stuff back to Louisville.

#92537 - 18/01/07 04:31 AM Re: Houston Dealership???
Anonymous
Unregistered

My prayers go out to you for your wife's treatments. If you traveled to MD Anderson she really must have needed expert care. You already know it or you wouldn't be here, but probably the best in the world for her treatment.

#92538 - 18/01/07 08:28 AM Re: Houston Dealership???
mineralblue Offline

Best wishes to your wife.... Baker Jackson is not far from the Med Center at all, which is where I live... and hey, I'm a Louisville native myself... what a cowinkeedink.

#92539 - 18/01/07 11:37 AM Re: Houston Dealership???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I know this is a little off-topic, but would you recommend the OEM hitch or an aftermarket one?

#92540 - 18/01/07 11:45 AM Re: Houston Dealership???
mineralblue Offline

I have the OEM hitch (it was already installed when I bought the X)... never had a problem with it and I like the little step on it to help me reach my roof rack... I don't know much about aftermarket hitches... but searching in the parts and accessories forum for hitches yields a plethora of information.... here's one to get ya started...

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=4;t=004312#000000

#92541 - 19/01/07 08:06 PM Re: Houston Dealership???
Anonymous
Unregistered

I also reccomend Mossy Nissan on I-10 and Kirkwood

I know some if the New car sales manager and the service department treats you great! They did a couple oil changes and some other minor work to my car and they took care of all my issues very quickly !

#679875 - 15/03/13 02:41 AM Re: Houston Dealership??? [Re: Anonymous]
konglo Offline

I'm a dick

Edited by TJ (17/03/13 03:27 PM)

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal