2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#678935 - 19/07/12 01:51 PM Want to add condenser fan....
the13bats Offline

Greetings,
I am a newbie to the Xterra but have been building vettes, customs, kit cars well over 30 years,
I just bought my wife the car she said she really wanted, a 2002 Xterra,
She just loves it and I like it too,
It's the one with the supercharger and lots of roll and push bars,
Anyway we live in Orlando and it gets very hot and stuck in traffic it's hard to keep cars cool,
My wife said the AC didn't seem like it got cool,
I checked the pressure it was good, and took it down the highway and it cooled right down to about 40 but looking at the condenser I see only an engine driven fan.
I had a car do this in the past and added an after market fan to the condenser and it fixed the AC issues.
Rooting around on thr Web I learned some Xterras came with a condenser fan,
The stock fan appears to have a bracket for mounting, so my questions,
Is this mounted to the front or rear of the condenser? will I get lucky and will the holes already be in the car for mounting? ( they are on vettes )
as far as wiring where is a good under hood place to get a switched hot to work the fan relay? and is the wiring for the stock fan special?
Many thanks!
Cheers,
P.

Edited by the13bats (19/07/12 01:52 PM)

#678941 - 21/07/12 05:08 PM Re: Want to add condenser fan.... [Re: the13bats]
Saturday Morning Offline

Loc: Shawnee, KS (Kansas City area)
You probably already figured this out but I'll chime in as my '00 has both the engine driven fan and the aforementioned electric cooling fan that was omitted in later model years. Yes the electric fan sits in front of the condenser. As I'm sure you've noticed there is no room between the condenser and the radiator to mount a fan. Also - if you haven't done so already it's a good idea to give the condenser a thorough cleaning with the garden hose to clean out the last 10 years worth of accumulated bugs and dirt. Maybe that will be enough to perk it up a little.
-Saturday

#678971 - 28/07/12 11:42 PM Re: Want to add condenser fan.... [Re: Saturday Morning]
the13bats Offline

I installed a fan, it was smooth easy install however, the AC doesn't blow any cooler so I made a new post in "problems"

#679882 - 16/03/13 01:33 AM Re: Want to add condenser fan.... [Re: the13bats]
konglo Offline

You probably already figured this out but I'll chime in as my '00 has both the engine driven fan and the aforementioned electric cooling fan that was omitted in later model years. Yes the electric fan sits in front of the condenser. As I'm sure you've

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal