shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#678649 - 31/05/12 01:15 PM Factory Security System, disabling old keyfob
robert Smith Offline

Loc: United States
2003 Nissan Xterra SE/SC

XOC,

A while back I gave my friend my remotes for the factory security system because I have an aftermarket system. I used instructions found on this site to program his security system using my remotes. Now I'm faced with the problem of every time he comes over his remotes lock/unlock both our vehicles setting off my aftermarket alarm at times. How can I disable those old remotes? Best I can tell, I need to buy a new remote and program it in several times to flush out the old ones....I'd rather note do that. Anyone know of a delete procedure? Google hasn't helped. Can I just disable the factory security system?

Thanks, Rob

#678653 - 02/06/12 10:36 AM Re: Factory Security System, disabling old keyfob [Re: robert Smith]
Nissan_MasterTech Offline

Loc: Florida
I just read the service maual and there is no delete procedgure listed.

It did mention to remove old key fob codes from the system you'll need to do just what you mentioned, get a remote and program it to the system 4 times and then all old codes will be removed.

Other than that , tell your friend not to use his keyless entry remote when he comes over.

#679649 - 18/01/13 12:09 AM Re: Factory Security System, disabling old keyfob [Re: Nissan_MasterTech]
Allyson Offline

Hi, I read your post, SPAM

Edited by TJ (20/01/13 07:45 PM)

#680223 - 02/07/13 11:28 PM Re: Factory Security System, disabling old keyfob [Re: Allyson]
camron Offline

i think when you reprogrammed your system than remote will work.Otherwise there may be any other problem with that.And also the keyless security alarm system have many other problem with that also so you must be aware of that before purchasing that system.

Moderator:  Adam, fastdrmr, Gonzo-2, Smith 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal