shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#680474 - 04/09/13 08:53 PM Looking to start my mods
UxTerra2006 Offline

Loc: Taylorsville, UT
I just got my X paid off a couple of months ago, and I'm ready to start getting my baby into some major (not rock crawling) off roading shape. Any comments on what to start with? It's a 2006 S model. Pretty bone stock still, really the only things I've done is change the stock wheels out and have 265/75 BFG ATs as opposed to the 265/70s BFG longtrails that came with

Edited by UxTerra2006 (04/09/13 08:57 PM)

#680541 - 26/09/13 08:44 PM Re: Looking to start my mods [Re: UxTerra2006]
Giles Offline

Loc: Kenosha Wisconsin
I'm in the same boat, I used to do jeep. Here are the first must haves: a 2" lift (or more) and tires to match. next MUST have rock sliders, good ones (experience here). Move the spare inside or on top. Next is rear bumper to help with the bone jarring thump when the hitch hits bottom. This is my take on getting started. there are other suggestions to but this is the path I will be taking. next will be performance to make up for some of the MPG I will be loosing. Good luck, its an addiction for sure but great fun. Also, I orderd my lift from PRG - Craig / Greg (not sure) is a great guy to talk with! Great stories and he really is a great source of knowledge lifting the "X". He has one and can tell you what works and what does not. While you talk with him you will have to put up with the impact wrench while he works at the same time. I will be getting more parts from him for sure.

Edited by Giles (26/09/13 08:48 PM)

#680544 - 29/09/13 04:55 PM Re: Looking to start my mods [Re: UxTerra2006]
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Originally Posted By: UxTerra2006
I just got my X paid off a couple of months ago, and I'm ready to start getting my baby into some major (not rock crawling) off roading shape. Any comments on what to start with? It's a 2006 S model. Pretty bone stock still, really the only things I've done is change the stock wheels out and have 265/75 BFG ATs as opposed to the 265/70s BFG longtrails that came with

If not rock crawling...then it might be fine bone stock, depending on what you DO mean, other than what you don't mean.

What off roading did you want to be able to do that you can't now?

IE: Mods are made to make you able to do what you can't now...so, the starting point is, what can't you do now, that you want to be able to?

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal