shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#680579 - 13/10/13 01:40 PM None of my exterior lights will come on
rms13 Offline

Headlights, tail lights, turn signals won't work. My wife banged into the light control on the steering wheel and nothing will turn on since that. I took the steering column apart and everything looks fine. All of the wiring harness seem to be connected, I don't see any wires that may be broken or disconnected. I removed the control arm and visually inspected it and it looks fine, no bent pins in the interface or anything obviously wrong.

Is there a master fuse or something I should check?

#680587 - 13/10/13 10:27 PM Re: None of my exterior lights will come on [Re: rms13]
RNTKnives Offline
A

Loc: Prepping for the Zombie Apocol...
Yes... Start checking fuses.

Jeff!

Original Registration, NOV '07
Pre-crash post count - 396

"...the Earth will continue turnning, even when justice dies." (Revy Two Hand, Black Lagoon)

#680588 - 14/10/13 11:54 AM Re: None of my exterior lights will come on [Re: RNTKnives]
rms13 Offline

Thanks. I checked all of the fuses and bulbs today and none are bad.

I ordered a new turn signal switch assembly arm and I'm going to hope that fixes it since visual inspection of all the fuses, bulbs, wires and harnesses didn't show anything obvious.

Found the part for $60 on line so I'll wait for it and hope it's the fix, if not I'll take it to my mechanic and hope it doesn't bankrupt me

#682413 - 13/03/14 08:35 PM Re: None of my exterior lights will come on [Re: rms13]
congwstance Offline

The little boy did not like the look of the barking dog.
"It's all right," said a gentleman, "don't be afraid. Don't you know the proverb: Barking dogs don't bite?""Ah, yes," answered the little boy. "I know the proverb, but does the dog know the proverb, too?"

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal