shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#680612 - 22/10/13 06:01 PM Will 4 wheel drive parts bolt up to a 4 cylinder xterra?
NodZXterra Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
I have an 04 Xterra and I need to replace the clutch. It has has the stock tranny rebuilt and I fear it may be having issues as well. I was looking around at some junkyards and I can get the 4wd tranny and parts for not much more then a new clutch. (Ok maybe like twice the price..) I am wondering how much modification any of that stuff needs to go into a 4 cylinder xterra, or am I crazy to even think of trying this???

#680615 - 22/10/13 11:05 PM Re: Will 4 wheel drive parts bolt up to a 4 cylinder xterra? [Re: NodZXterra]
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Originally Posted By: NodZXterra
I have an 04 Xterra and I need to replace the clutch. It has has the stock tranny rebuilt and I fear it may be having issues as well. I was looking around at some junkyards and I can get the 4wd tranny and parts for not much more then a new clutch. (Ok maybe like twice the price..) I am wondering how much modification any of that stuff needs to go into a 4 cylinder xterra, or am I crazy to even think of trying this???

If you mean that your 4 cyl is ALSO a 2wd, then no...you also need a t-case, and the bell housing for the clutch, etc, will not put the starter where it needs to be to pop out and spin the flywheel, etc...everything will be out of place.

You COULD MAKE it all work, but, for the time and effort and fab work...you could sell the 2wd 4 cyl, and buy a 4WD 6 cycl.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#680622 - 23/10/13 07:42 PM Re: Will 4 wheel drive parts bolt up to a 4 cylinder xterra? [Re: TJ]
NodZXterra Offline

Loc: San Diego, California
Ok, thank you for the advice. I will be sticking with the 2wd and just replacing the clutch for now.

Moderator:  krisjon, sky 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal