shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#676744 - 12/10/11 12:51 PM Rock Sliders
EricD Offline

Loc: Metrowest, Taxachusetts
Hey all. I'm in the market for some rock sliders on my truck. I'm not a rock crawler per se, but I want to be able to go over whatever happens to be in the trail without hurting my baby. I like the look of the double tube ones. I'm looking for your opinions of what X owners feel are the best, as well as what your already running on your rigs. Also, in these troubling financial times, cost is a big part of my decision. Is it you get what you pay for or is steel steel? Has anyone tried to fabricate thier own?
Thanks for your input!

#677039 - 17/11/11 04:30 PM Re: Rock Sliders [Re: EricD]
badbet Offline

i can't speak to building my own as i don't possess the equipment/skills etc and i don't currently have sliders as they're not cheap (at least in the configuration i'm looking for) but these are the ones I'm absolutely getting
http://www.concept-customs.com/Vehicle_Application/Nissan/Xterra/Photos/Double%20Tube%20Slider.jpg

hope that helps, 4x4parts.com has some and i believe they're shrock works.

#677040 - 17/11/11 05:37 PM Re: Rock Sliders [Re: badbet]
e207 Offline

Loc: Ashland, PA U.S.A.
I am no where near as hardcore at offroading as some of the members on here, but i do have a set on mine, I got a set of Shrocks, used for 250 bucks a little over a year ago. So, why did I get them, well, as you said, should I be in the situation, it is nice knowing they are there to protect, also, I figured in the event of maybe a mild t-bone type accident, where if somone should run into the side of my X, they should help prevent some damage there as well.

take your time and look around, you may find a used set for sale at a decent price, you just might have to buy your own grade 8 hardware to install them with. Can you build your own, hell yeah, lots of people have done that, I would have if I had access to the needed tools, plus I have never done any kind of welding either.
Reman'd engine installed 5/16/09 at 87,894 miles

Captain 38-90
Member of Fire District-38 Station-1 since 1991.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/172465012765747/
http://www.pioneertunnel.com/home.shtml

#677041 - 17/11/11 06:26 PM Re: Rock Sliders [Re: e207]
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I have the Shrockworks sliders too, and they're great!

I have been t-boned hard enough to TOTAL the Buick that slammed into me, and I had ZERO damage.

laugh

I have come down onto them on rocks hard enough to knock the rearview mirror off, and they protected the truck.

They work as steps too.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#680619 - 23/10/13 06:17 PM Re: Rock Sliders [Re: TJ]
Xwrench Offline

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
STEPS???? My truck kept having these whining noises.... I'm a mechanic with 25+ years experience, couldn't figure it out........... I raised the truck 3 inches, put 32's on it, and-- most importantly, removed the steps. NOW, she can't get in.....the whining stopped!

Brad

#680658 - 31/10/13 06:33 PM Re: Rock Sliders [Re: Xwrench]
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Originally Posted By: Xwrench
STEPS???? My truck kept having these whining noises.... I'm a mechanic with 25+ years experience, couldn't figure it out........... I raised the truck 3 inches, put 32's on it, and-- most importantly, removed the steps. NOW, she can't get in.....the whining stopped!

Brad

LOL

For me, the whining STARTED when she could not get in.

laugh

After she recovered somewhat from her strokes, she regained the ability to jump up into the seat, which was nice, because I didn't tell her I raised the X, I just told her she just couldn't jump as high as before the strokes...and she worked on it...until she could get in again.

I had raised her jeep too, so it all was proportional, and easier to do mods when she was unable to get out of bed.

Really, except for the paralysis, and all that medical stuff, it worked out pretty good...

laugh

Edited by TJ (31/10/13 06:34 PM)

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

Moderator:  Ramness 

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal