shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#680660 - 01/11/13 03:30 AM help me please!!!
xdriver Offline

After replacing my fan belt, a/c compressor and thermostat my truck is still running hot. Can anyone help me fiqure out what's wrong?

#680662 - 01/11/13 07:14 AM Re: help me please!!! [Re: xdriver]
TheGreatZambini Offline

Loc: Greensboro, NC
Might have a clog in the radiator or coolant hose. Have you done a coolant flush recently?

#680663 - 01/11/13 07:33 AM Re: help me please!!! [Re: xdriver]
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Originally Posted By: xdriver
After replacing my fan belt, a/c compressor and thermostat my truck is still running hot. Can anyone help me fiqure out what's wrong?

If the radiator cap is not sealing well, it will run hot.

Are you basing this on the dash gauge saying its hot?

If so, cross check it with an OBD reading, as the sensor used for the dash reading is less reliable, and the one for the OBD Port and ECU is more reliable (I've seen people go NUTZ putting vents in their hoods, swapping out radiators and everything, and it was just a bad sensor on the dash gauge lying to them - It wasn't even hot)

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#680675 - 06/11/13 11:08 AM Re: help me please!!! [Re: TJ]
Xwrench Offline

Loc: Mount Laurel, NJ
I agree w/TJ, but check to make sure there's no mud or leaves (esp. this time of year) blocking the airflow through the radiator. this stuff gets trapped between the A/C condenser & the radiator.

To check the sensor, I use an infrared thermometer & obdII scanner. compare the readings, cold & at operating temp. they should be close.

Brad

#680677 - 07/11/13 01:55 PM Re: help me please!!! [Re: Xwrench]
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Originally Posted By: Xwrench
I agree w/TJ, but check to make sure there's no mud or leaves (esp. this time of year) blocking the airflow through the radiator. this stuff gets trapped between the A/C condenser & the radiator.

To check the sensor, I use an infrared thermometer & obdII scanner. compare the readings, cold & at operating temp. they should be close.

Brad

I was assuming that it was only after doing the fan belt, etc...so the same leaves would be present before too...and not be a cause.

Always good to check though....between leaves and adobe, there's always SOMETHING baking in my fins.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal