2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#682530 - 05/06/14 09:10 AM Electrical and A/C Issue, 06 Xterra
Bryanb Offline

Hello all, I have had the xterra for 3 or so years now, love it but in the summer I have A/C issues, it's always been this way and this year I need to fix it! It's going to be a hot one in Albuquerque this year, so please help!

I am having a weird issue with my A/C but it looks more like it's an electrical issue... I've got a 2006 xterra and sometimes when I start it the A/C won't come on, no matter what level, and I've noticed that when it doesn't come on neither do the lights on the dash for the A/C controls... just blows hot air.

Most of the time if I'm driving long enough after quite a few minutes, it will just all the sudden come on! Lights come on, I feel and hear the compressor come on and nice cold air comes out.

When the A/C does finally come on it seems to work fine and doesn't shut off by itself or anything, but if I were to shut off the engine and go into a store there is a good possibility it will not come back on when I start up again.

This happens a good portion of the time but not every time I start, sometimes it works, just most of the time not

Any ideas?

#682555 - 26/06/14 10:00 AM Re: Electrical and A/C Issue, 06 Xterra [Re: Bryanb]
johnsx Offline

Intermittent electrical issues are tough to track down. Start with the ac switch. Try bypassing it with a jumper wire and see if the AC stays on all the time. If its not the switch you are going to have to look at _all_ the AC circuits electrical connections. Won't be fun so start in the engine compartment where they are subject to the elements.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal