shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#680933 - 13/02/14 04:17 PM '03 SE/SC Knock Sensor relocation or bypass help
robert Smith Offline

Loc: United States
My X is just over 10 years old but only has 55K miles on it. That's great, however, it looks like my second knock sensor is already failing. No SES light, but I noticed the truck was a bit sluggish so I hooked up the scan tool and sure enough, its a bad knock sensor.

It certainly seems cheaper and easier to do the bypass but with the SC, i wonder if i should do the relocate. Any input on this would be welcome, especially if anyone can point me to some good pictures of the harness. It seems that most of the linked images are no longer on the inter web.

Thanks in Advance! Rob

#682558 - 26/06/14 10:28 AM Re: '03 SE/SC Knock Sensor relocation or bypass help [Re: robert Smith]
johnsx Offline

Relocate for the speed sensor, never heard of that. I have heard of a relocate for the knock sensor which is important for your SC X.

#682594 - 17/07/14 08:12 PM Re: '03 SE/SC Knock Sensor relocation or bypass help [Re: johnsx]
Beerlifter Offline

Loc: British Columbia
Bypass the boost control solenoid, it is activated when the knock sensor detects pinging.
I have replaced my knock sensor and done the knock sensor bypass (resistor mod) and bypassing the solenoid is the only long term solution.
I have 2002 SE SC and have owned it from new.
2 years into bypassing the solenoid and installing a smaller pulley and everything is fine.
11 PSI Boost
Always use 92 octane.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal