shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#682607 - 09/08/14 02:25 PM The Mini-X (UPDATE)
The WHO Offline

Loc: NC
The debut trip of the Mini-X was a complete success! We traveled to the Hatfield-McCoy National Trails, WV. Thanks for looking!

NOTHING CAN STOP THE IMAGINATION AND I CAN MAKE REALITY WHAT MOST ONLY DREAM OF! (HORTON'S CUSTOM'S) Where the Imagination Runs Wild and the Wildest Ideas are Made REALITY!! THEY NEVER DIE, THEY GET MODIFIED!

#682625 - 13/08/14 09:01 PM Re: The Mini-X (UPDATE) [Re: The WHO]
BradLee Offline

Loc: Black Hills
All I can say is, KICK ASS! ...And It matches my X exactly. Except the front end is a little different ;-)

Edited by BradLee (13/08/14 09:03 PM)

#682631 - 17/08/14 09:11 PM Re: The Mini-X (UPDATE) [Re: BradLee]
The WHO Offline

Thanks! I love my Mini-X wish I had thought of and built it years ago!
NOTHING CAN STOP THE IMAGINATION AND I CAN MAKE REALITY WHAT MOST ONLY DREAM OF! (HORTON'S CUSTOM'S) Where the Imagination Runs Wild and the Wildest Ideas are Made REALITY!! THEY NEVER DIE, THEY GET MODIFIED!

#682632 - 18/08/14 09:12 AM Re: The Mini-X (UPDATE) [Re: The WHO]
BradLee Offline

Yeah so I absolutely love the design and I have thought about doing something like this without having the trailer area. Basically make it a hard shell camping cover with general storage/haul ability when not being used for camping.

I was imagining using something like an old Rodeo or something cheap? But I am realizing that using an X probably really makes the roof space an extra bonus!

So disclaimer: if I copy you it will be A) different, B)Not be soon and C) probably be in terrible condition compared to what you have there!

again, Great fab!

#682633 - 18/08/14 03:46 PM Re: The Mini-X (UPDATE) [Re: BradLee]
The WHO Offline

BradLee, Thanks again and (D) if your truly interested in what you described it could be done for at or below $1500 dependent upon the initial purchase cost of a wrecked X. I'd be willing to do the work as well and deliver for a small fee. I have my hands on three sound
3/4 shells right now, two silver one black. Glad you like!

#682634 - 20/08/14 08:33 AM Re: The Mini-X (UPDATE) [Re: The WHO]
BradLee Offline

check PM

#682749 - 27/02/15 06:06 PM Re: The Mini-X (UPDATE) [Re: BradLee]
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Just saw another one made from a 05+ earlier this week. Been thinking about one for myself.

They cut the A-pillar and moved them to the B-pillar for the shape.

If I made one/ had one built I’d like a little more of the front seat area left for sleeping inside. I don’t need the 4 wheeler parking but I do like that the gear basket is still there and would not mind that cargo tray for extra storage on the front.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#682755 - 07/03/15 12:59 PM Re: The Mini-X (UPDATE) [Re: Ramness]
The WHO Offline

Ramness thanks for the pics! It appears my idea is taking off and I'm glad to see people are modifying to their needs as every design will lead to another brain storm.

To achieve what I imagine is your perfect XCamper with rack and forward room, the firewall would be smoothed, windshield and both front doors kept. This would give you approx. three more feet from my first six foot design to a grand total of nine feet plus or minus. Dependent upon vehicle pulling and inside configuration this could work out awesome!

If your interested in HAVING this built I'm in!!!!!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal