shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#680937 - 15/02/14 08:26 AM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: Southernx7]
ocala X Offline

Loc: Middleburg, fl
Originally Posted By: Southernx7
Still here....many good times on this old board before FB consumed the social networks. We all came here to chat and plan trips...really miss those days.

Truck is still running great. Had to replace entire braking system. $1,760 and added new BFG mud terrain km2's again. Love my 2001 Xterra that I bought with less than 10 miles on it.

We need to get a run going Ken...even if it's just down to the hardrock, camping, caching, whatever. In a couple of months we'll be complaining about it being too hot.

#682400 - 01/03/14 10:30 PM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: ocala X]
Richard Krenn Offline

Loc: Mount Vernon, WA, USA
Just thought I would check in. I've moved from Florida to Seattle a few years ago. Still have the 2000 X and maybe see a few on you at GONE.

Richard

#682440 - 24/03/14 12:17 PM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: Richard Krenn]
JustaATXGirl Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Original member checking in (#358). I went by my then married name traceyragsdale.

I am still in Austin and just bought a new Xterra two weeks ago after trading in my Navigator.

#682446 - 26/03/14 06:10 PM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: JustaATXGirl]
silverxglider Offline

Loc: Andes, NY
Greetings all. I sold my '00 X two years ago when it started costing $$$ with 165,000 miles - new starter, ignition switch, exhaust and making a baaaad clutch noise. The guy who bought it was able to work on it himself. I still see it. It looks well and is going strong. I'm now in a Subaru Forester, getting 30 mpg.

Glad to see this place is still alive and well.

#682473 - 17/04/14 10:18 AM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: JustaATXGirl]
Kaiser Offline

Loc: Austin, Texas
Originally Posted By: JustaATXGirl
Original member checking in (#358). I went by my then married name traceyragsdale.

I am still in Austin and just bought a new Xterra two weeks ago after trading in my Navigator.

Hey Tracey! I'm still around (Glen - '00 denim blue X) - I actually live in Austin now.

I still see Roger from time to time.

#682475 - 18/04/14 10:45 AM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: Kaiser]
socalpunx Offline

Loc: The land of losers and liberal...
So there's this. I'm not sure I'm on of the OG's but I guess I'd be pretty close. Some great days were wasted here. So much so, I got to mod the wild west for a while. Fun Times.

I would like to think that I built what was really the first "Pre-Runner" X. My Minivan. The thing was a beast. Damn I spent some crazy money wtih that. And I only wish I had it back. It went on to Idaho where the cage was finished, raced locally and is still a survivor... unfortunately with a "Pre-Runner Girl" sticker on the bulge.

The X changed my life. Now, I don't mean the effect of the vehicle made an impact on who I am as a person, but purchasing the X, the relationships and friendships I made as a result and the passion for offroading that owning the vehicle stirred within me, literally changed my life.

I have been heavily involved in the world of motorsports and offroad racing ever since. I have had the fortune to be connected to some of the most incredible drivers, race teams and sponsors in the racing industry for the last 10 years... all because of the fire that was reignighted by purchasing a 2WD "Minivan."

Thanks Guys.

#682476 - 19/04/14 07:43 AM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: socalpunx]
Hawk Offline

I'm here and there. Not sure when I originally registered, but it was back in '03. Was active until the original site crashed, then kinda fell off.

Been lurking again recently....Still have my '00 X. Haven't been off road with it since I rolled it back in 2007 after hitting black ice.

In the process of basically rebuilding the front end and doing some general maintenance on it this spring. Heading out this morning to do bearings, hubs and brakes.....

#682478 - 21/04/14 01:25 AM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: Hawk]
Conundrum Offline

I actually just ran across my original email that had my user name and password from 2009 and saw your Post and figured what the heck and replied. (ETA - I actually found an older email from 2007 so I really can't say how far back I go for sure wink

I was on XOC almost daily till the site went down. I was with the AZXC at the time and we had our annual Fat Tire/Toys 4 Tots event coming up so I scrambled to create my own forum to use to continue our planning, etc. I just never felt like coming back to XOC when all my posts were all labeled anon and I had no way of controlling the content of the AZXC section for the Club.

I ran the club for years and held it together the best I could and managed the Website/Forum and Advertising Revenue from them. I had an offer for help, which was long overdue and I gave him admin access. Then he was one of the few that showed up for an Election Meeting and ran for/won Presidency.

Immediately after, I was reduced to normal access and striped of my Admin rights without even a mention of why, etc.

I let about a year go by until the Dues were due for the next calendar year, when I got a nasty reply when I paid them. I was basically told that I would be railroaded out, therefore I asked if he was going to refund my Dues then I wanted to be deleted from the AZXC Forum. I don't think they realized that when I was deleted, it was going to delete almost the entire forum. LOL

Now they changed their name to something that includes other Nissan Makes, etc. Good for them, but not for Toys for Tots of which they boycotted last year because New Belgium supported some environmental issue that impacted 4x4ing or land use. I really don't know exactly. We managed without them and had a great time with the Dirty Girls anyways! Not sure what's going on for this year (first weekend of Aug), if they are even invited to begin with. I'm sure Stone wouldn't judge the good people of AZXC and they'd have no issues, just mostly the leadership maybe, that's for them to figure out.

I'm on my 3rd Xterra. I just scored a bunch of Calmini parts that have been sitting since 2003. All new in the box (Exhaust system, Rear Diff Cover, Gas Tank Skid, Torsion bars and Add-a-Leafs) from an auction!

I've been collecting parts for years and had hoped to be done enough and have the money saved up to do the Swanky AZRun this year, but it just wasn't in the cards. Last year was a blast!

So major additions coming, however not many would know and I may rarely check back to see if there was ever a reply to any forum now. Just more to life than being right and getting the last word. I burned out on the opinions and bravado.

I do miss the outings and Club activities, especially the chili cook-offs that I almost always won! I met a lot of great people and hate the fact it was just a small few that make life difficult for everyone. Karma's a bi%ch and bites hard.

Take care all and Hey Carlton if you're still around! I don't know who runs XOC anymore, but glad to see it is still here.

Regards,
Adam

Edited by Conundrum (21/04/14 01:40 AM)
Edit Reason: Added information.

#682491 - 27/04/14 12:25 PM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: Conundrum]
blue Offline

Loc: Erie, PA
I tend to lurk once in a while. We still have my 01, has about 120,000 miles on it now and is only driven in the winter or when hubby's truck is down. I am still a Nissan person. Bought a Versa for a summer car in 2010, then traded it last week for a 2014 Juke. Pretty nice little AWD SUV. I do miss the trips we used to take with the clubs, but we stepped away from that due to family issues. Our last trip was to Vegas last year for our 10 yr anniversary, had our vows renewed by Elvis. smile

Glad to see my account is still intact after all this time smile

#682493 - 27/04/14 07:04 PM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: blue]
defibvt Offline

Loc: AZ
Blue!!!Long time no see. Glad to see some of us are still here. Conundrum and are friends here AZ which is where I now reside. Got married and between the two of us we have 5 kids.

Edited by defibvt (27/04/14 07:07 PM)

#682499 - 28/04/14 02:51 PM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: defibvt]
XOC Offline
Admin

Loc: Minneapolis, MN
Yup. Still here.

Keep it going for for the wonderful memories.
It is not nearly as busy as it used to be but good to still have it around.

Carlton

#682508 - 07/05/14 08:08 AM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: XOC]
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
I pop in when I remember.

laugh

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#682509 - 07/05/14 06:39 PM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: TJ]
Gator Saver Offline

Loc: Lakeland, FL
I'm sad to announce that I traded in the Xterra last week. We got 102085 miles out of her. This last year she never did any better then 11 mpg. Paint was falling off all over. Only had to buy one set of tires back in Feb of 2005 (56800 on stock tires with a 5 tire rotation). The boys are very happy now that daddy has a new truck. Gator Saver Member #112
Member number #112 Aug. 20, 2000

#682527 - 04/06/14 08:37 AM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: Gator Saver]
Hrd2Imagin Offline

Loc: Pittsburgh, PA
I registered in '02 and was pretty active for a couple years. Nowadays I only come back if I need help fixing the old X.

X has 130k on it, starting to get rusted out in spots, but is still running pretty well but it's had a lot of parts replaced the past few years.

Oil pan
Knock Sensor
Starter
Water pump
timing belt
muffler
tires
rotors
brakes
light wiring

... to name a few.

Still love it, still love to beat it up and it's perfect for loading up the bikes for a ride, going camping, hauling crap for the yard. Can't beat it!

#682528 - 04/06/14 12:44 PM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: Hrd2Imagin]
Bios Offline

Loc: West Coast Florida
Hey! Still around. Still rolling. All is well!

#682531 - 05/06/14 09:13 PM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: Bios]
xcanuk Offline

Loc: Mtl. Que. Canada
Something made be drop in, nice going through page after page of old names. I retired my X after 10 years (she still looked new but the mechanics were starting to go) Have a Canyon for work, and picked up a wrangler unlimited with all the mods as a play toy.
The old times of starting my day on this site (the arguments were priceless) ... Miss planning trips stateside to meet my xterra family

#682566 - 01/07/14 01:04 AM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: xcanuk]
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Member #54 here. Some of the old timers may remember I lost my Xterra back in '04 when I ran into a deer on the freeway. Been driving an '05 Mazda 3 Hatch since then - at 158,000 miles and still going. Also just recently bought an '05 Lotus Elise as a weekend car. Might ditch the Mazda and get a truck if I decide to do track days and need to tow the Elise.

#682601 - 02/08/14 11:55 PM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: DGX Factor]
BradLee Offline

Loc: Black Hills
#5122 Had 2000 kick ass X and was with RMXC where I met some of my to this day dearest friends.

I just stumbled on a 2004 X SE V6 No S/C. So, Immmmm back.

#682606 - 07/08/14 06:48 PM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: BradLee]
Doug703 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, VA
I don't remember what my old username was or what email address I registered under. I joined XOC in 2003.

I still have my '03 X. It has 128k miles on it. I just got a new timing belt, valve cover gaskets, starter (due to the oil leak from the valve cover gaskets), and plugs, wires & distributor cap. Other than that and your other routine maintenance the X has barely ever needed service. A few summers ago I had to replace a sway bar link and an A/C hose.

The ceiling fabric hangs. The exterior (YELLOW!) paint is in excellent condition. I'll need new tires in another 12-18 months.

Not sure why I signed back up but.... hey ohhhhh.

#682613 - 11/08/14 08:12 AM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: Doug703]
BradLee Offline

Loc: Black Hills
So is it your yellow X on ...HERE... ?

#682626 - 14/08/14 08:25 AM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: BradLee]
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
Originally Posted By: BradLee
So is it your yellow X on ...HERE... ?

No....that's Pika.

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#682635 - 21/08/14 01:59 PM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: RedX]
warlock Offline

Loc: Springfield VA
Still Lurking

#682636 - 21/08/14 02:01 PM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: warlock]
warlock Offline

Loc: Springfield VA
wondering if ElectroKen is still around..

#682639 - 25/08/14 04:35 PM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: DGX Factor]
Erik Offline

Loc: Chapel Hill, TN
Not sure what made me check out XOC today. I haven't been on the board since the crash. X is still running strong. 188,000 miles on her. Nothing but usual maintenance. Moved from CO to TN 3 years ago and bought a farm. Any free time goes to that now. I haven't wheeled the X since I moved here. Actually putting the X up for sale this week. Need to down size how many vehicles I have and I need some farm equipment. My daughter isn't happy, she wanted it for her first vehicle. LOL. Been my daily driver since Aug 2001 and it only had 10 miles on it. Ian and a few original RMXC peeps helped me install my lift. Been to GONE 4 times, GOX once, man I miss those days!

#682703 - 03/12/14 09:54 AM Re: Where's all the original club members? [Re: Erik]
Lazza Offline

Oh my, I haven't been on this site in quite some time. I first joined in 2005 when I bought a new 2004 Nissan Xterra XE (2WD). I kept the vehicle until about a year ago. I gave it to my niece who was in a sudden need for a reliable DD.

My vehicle was/is very reliable. The only major boo-boo was having to replace the starter. Although I do miss it I will confess driving the same car for nine years gets a bit old. I downsized big time to a Chevy Sonic 1.4L with 6/MT. Great gas mileage, fun to drive.

Although I do like my Chevy Sonic I sense it won't have the durability my Xterra had (has). I can easily see my niece driving my old Xterra for another 5+ years or until the interior gets too gross. Hopefully gas prices will stay low so during this time!

_Lazza

Page 7 of 9 < 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal