2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 65 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#1 - 12/02/05 10:20 PM Rear Wiper - Washer Delivers No Fluid
Anonymous
Unregistered

Been searching for a little info on this to no avail. Any information or a point in the right direction to investigate would be greatly appreciated.

My 2000 X SE's rear window wiper will not "wash" with washer fluid when the switch is depressed. The wiper works correctly other then that. The switch will turn it on and off. I can't remember offhand if there is a sound made when the button is depressed to wash, but if that is important I can go check for confirmation.

I was wondering what some of the potential causes could be. I didn't think a fuse could be the problem since other then "washing" the wiper works. I wasn't sure if there was a seperate reservoir for it.

I was checking the Haynes book and saw mention of replacing the motor and amplifier but was unsure if either could be the source of the problem. I was unsure if the motor had anything to do with the pumping of the fluid and I have no clue what the amplifier does other then some type of amplification.

All my searches turned up empty or with dead threads [Uh Oh !]

Thanks!

Noobie001

#2 - 12/02/05 10:47 PM Re: Rear Wiper - Washer Delivers No Fluid
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Shhh, don't tell anyone, but theres a whole section of problems on this site. wink

http://www.xterraownersclub.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=45;t=001618

Veryt recent thread.

When you press the switch to wash, does it make noise? No - bad pump, yes - clogged line?

#3 - 12/02/05 11:17 PM Re: Rear Wiper - Washer Delivers No Fluid
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Shhh, don't tell anyone, but theres a whole section of problems on this site.
Haha, I spend an hour or so searching all possible combinations of words in the forums I know of that seem relevant and it turns out I didn't even know that forum existed. Not sure how I missed that entire section ... maybe how I link into site.

Thanks though.

Noobie001

#4 - 13/02/05 10:53 AM Re: Rear Wiper - Washer Delivers No Fluid
Anonymous
Unregistered

frozen?

#5 - 13/02/05 12:12 PM Re: Rear Wiper - Washer Delivers No Fluid
Anonymous
Unregistered

I thought I had this problem too, but it turns out that I just wasn't pressing the button long enough. You have to give it 2 or 3 seconds for the fluid to get to the nozzle. Worked fine after I figured that out, keep the button pressed for 5 seconds or so and see if it works then!

#6 - 14/02/05 11:48 AM Re: Rear Wiper - Washer Delivers No Fluid
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yea, I have told hold mine down for a bit before the liquid deploys...but it usually squirts out really nice once it gets flowing...

#7 - 14/02/05 12:12 PM Re: Rear Wiper - Washer Delivers No Fluid
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
Originally posted by WilsonFatShaft:
Yea, I have told hold mine down for a bit before the liquid deploys...but it usually squirts out really nice once it gets flowing...
You should see a doctor about that. wink

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal