2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#75382 - 02/04/03 07:34 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
xterran01 Offline

Loc: Houston
Be careful if you buy the blackened screws - they will rust in a heartbeat. You'd be better off painting the heads of the screws Sean provides - you can always retouch them if they get chipped or the paint wears off.

#75383 - 03/04/03 12:41 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
X-tosh Offline

Loc: Bremerton, WA
Question:
What about where "NISSAN" is painted in grey on the wind deflector, does that get cut off or right through the middle, or could it be left in and cut around? confused

#75384 - 04/04/03 07:19 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Sean Offline

Loc: Billerica, MA
Quote:
Originally posted by X-tosh:

Question:

What about where "NISSAN" is painted in grey on the wind deflector, does that get cut off or right through the middle, or could it be left in and cut around? confused
Ideally, when making your deflector center piece cut out, the cut is made just below the "NISSAN" logo itself. If you like having the logo, you can always get a sticker/decal and place it on the new see-thru Lexan piece later.

My Former 2001 Xterra SE 4x4 With Modifications

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#75385 - 06/04/03 10:38 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
xterran01 Offline

I just received my kit and finished up the installation. It was very well packaged, all parts were there, it fit perfectly and the instructions were straightforward. It looks great!

I used a jigsaw and my cutout looks
pretty fair - I find it easier to cut long straight (relatively) cuts with a jigsaw than a Dremel and the sawblade cut through the ribs on the back side of the deflector without any problems. I put a border of 2" masking tape around the edges of the deflector and traced my cut marks on the tape with a sharpie - easier to see for this old geezer! I drilled 1/2" holes at each corner to create a radius and cut from hole to hole. The tape also protected the ABS of the deflector from being scarred by the saw. When I was done with the cutout, I did some minor cleanup at the corners using a Dremel and a round abrasive grinding bit, then hand sanded the inside edges.

Not having a garage or a workshop, I did this in my kitchen. Total time:
Install deflector kit, about 45 mins.
Vacuum up lots of black chips of plastic 15 mins.
(The shit has an electrostatic charge that made it stick to my freaking cabinet doors!!)

Bottom line - a great product, easy to install, well worth the price and it really opens up the light coming in thru the sunroof.

As soon as the sun comes out in Houston again, I'll get some pictures.

#75386 - 07/04/03 06:19 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Pontifex Offline

Loc: Maryland
I finally got around to installing my see-through wind deflector. Great job Sean. This thing rocks! cool The only thing that I can add is that I found it easier to cut the opening with a jig saw versus the dremel.

Jeff

#75387 - 08/04/03 07:39 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Sean Offline

Speaking of black fasteners, and an "Xterra" logo sticker added to their new see-thru deflector, here are some pic's I received from nickd3e's awesome install:

http://www.grovestreet.com/jsp/onepic.jsp?id=174767

http://www.grovestreet.com/jsp/onepic.jsp?id=174766

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#75388 - 09/04/03 10:05 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
mikegronholz Offline

Loc: DC Metro
What I used to cover the screws were the little black plactic screw covers from home depot. The screw goes through the hole in the fastener, then the cap clips on top. No rust, no paint, no shine. Total cost, $1.50

Mike
michael.gronholz@verizon.net

#75389 - 09/04/03 11:04 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
xterran01 Offline

That's actually my X in Sean's latest pics. (nickd3e is my email addy). Anybody have any comments (good or bad) on the black powdercoated roofrack and white xterra decals? If anybody is considering doing the same, I got my decals from dansdecals.com. He has the Xterra logo graphic on file and can do any size and color you want.

Ciao!

#75390 - 09/04/03 01:03 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
XTERRUSS5 Offline

Loc: Pennsylvania
Sean-
Your deflector looks and sounds great, and has gotten many rave reviews. Probably in about a month, when I get home for the summer, I'll be looking to get on of your kits, so keep one on hold for me wink I'll be in touch, once my semester is done.

Russ

#75391 - 10/04/03 10:21 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
DueNorth Offline

Loc: Los Angeles
Quote:
Originally posted by mikegronholz:
What I used to cover the screws were the little black plactic screw covers from home depot. The screw goes through the hole in the fastener, then the cap clips on top. No rust, no paint, no shine. Total cost, $1.50

Mike
michael.gronholz@verizon.net
Do you happen to have a part number? I think I found something like it at Home Depot but it is flat and not curved enough to cover the whole top. It's black hard plastic and I was hoping for more rubbery one.

#75392 - 14/04/03 04:28 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
doxman Offline

Loc: Living in So Cal, moving to VA...
I installed Sean's product on Saturday. It took about an hour and half. I used a jig saw to make the cut and file to clean up the edges. I had used a red china pencil to mark up the original deflector, and it was a pain to remove. I wound up using 409 cleaner and a Scotch Brite pad to remove the red marks, and it scratched up the original deflector a bit. Sean's piece covers almost all of the scratches, and some Armor All covers the others. When it stops raining I'll try to post some pics.

Overall, it's a great addition. I've only had my X for 2 months and having my sunroof blocked by the original deflector sucked. I don't know how other people have had their X's for years and dealt with it....

--Don

#75393 - 22/04/03 04:37 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
hapkido99 Offline

Loc: sask
Hi...I ordered my kit from Sean from all the way up in Canada. Recieved the kit today and everything is great.
The packing protected everything nicely and the kit included everything mentioned. Instructions were very straightforward and easy to follow. I installed the deflector today and everything went well. I used a jigsaw aswell and a dremel to smooth the edges and corners. Looks great and seeing as I have had my X for two years now, I cannot believe I hadnt put this kit on much sooner. An amazing difference, compared to the stock unit.
Thanks alot Sean, kit looks great and I wont hesitate to offer up the ordering info for any other canucks that are sure to ask me about it.

#75394 - 22/04/03 09:27 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
Quote:
Originally posted by xterran01:
Anybody have any comments (good or bad) on the black powdercoated roofrack and white xterra decals? Ciao!
How much did it cost to have the roof rack powdercoated? The powdercoating is peeling of my rack and I am curious as to how much it would cost to have it re-done.

Also, I would be interested in the part number for the black screw caps. I have an original Kandacarlson "Thor" mod, and I was just thinking to myself today that it would look better with black screws instead of the stainless ones.

#75395 - 22/04/03 10:11 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
xterran01 Offline

Guido,

I had it done at a local powdercoating shop here in Houston. A bit pricey at $125.00, but it broke down into six separate pieces when I removed it from the roof, so it was more for them to have to handle. I like the black against my white X, and the white logo really sets it off. I can tell you I have no problems picking mine out of the crowd laugh

#75396 - 28/04/03 10:44 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
Hey sean, do you currently have any deflectors available.

#75397 - 28/04/03 01:49 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Sean Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by buffalo:

Hey sean, do you currently have any deflectors available.
I have 6 currently in stock at this very moment.

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#75398 - 28/04/03 02:44 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
buffalo Offline

can you email me an exact price to zip code 90650, and what your preferred payment method is. thanx

#75399 - 28/04/03 02:56 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
Sean Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by buffalo:

can you email me an exact price to zip code 90650, and what your preferred payment method is. thanx
I'll send you a PM with all the information.

Sean

My Ex-Xterra Web Site

#75400 - 28/04/03 03:44 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
X2K Offline

Loc: 41.556895 N, 72.665225 W
I bought one from this guy about 4 months ago. I was going to make one but decided to buy it instead. Its real nice. easy to install, and if you are much like myself and dont have to patience to ruin 3 pieces of lexan before you get it right then its easier to just buy it.
http://www.grovestreet.com/jsp/onepic.jsp?id=186476

#75401 - 07/05/03 02:55 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
TaX Offline

Loc: louisville
I have an 01 SE, I just purchased the wind deflector from Sean Q. and I am 100% satisfied! The installation was a piece of cake! He includes idiot proof directions which guide you through the install. It took me about an hour,(including clean-up) to complete this install. And it was well worth it! To those of you who have a sunroof w/out the see-thru deflector,you don't know what your missing out on!

#75402 - 12/05/03 10:16 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
buffalo Offline

Ditto, Sean great job with the deflector, install was easy, istructions were pefect and i am really happy with the end product. thanx again.

#75403 - 14/05/03 02:02 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
robblake Offline

Loc: LostAngeles
sean, if you have another one, i'd be interested. i've sent you an email.

thanks.

#75404 - 17/05/03 10:34 AM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
X - FACTOR Offline

Loc: OH
Hi All

What is the best way to cut the old deflector? I saw that someone recommended a jigsaw vs a dremel tool. What is everyone's experience? I want to cut as straight as possible.

Would a Rotozip be ok?
Thanks

#75405 - 17/05/03 06:28 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
wadspang Offline

Loc: PA
A Rotozip should work just fine if it has a speed control.
I used a jigsaw and at first I had it cutting at to high of a speed and the plastic melted and welded itself back together.
After cutting I used a sanding block to clean up the rough edges. This took about 45 mins. but it looks perfect.
Just take your time and follow Sean's instrutions.

#75406 - 26/05/03 01:43 PM Re: See-Thru Roof Deflector Kit Ready For Sale!
X - FACTOR Offline

Loc: OH
Installed the See thru deflector today.

Instructions were great...idiot proof..easy to read.

Product is top grade material; great with the nuts and bolts!!!

Extremely satisfied...best $80 I spent for my X.

You should patent it and sell to Nissan.

THanks laugh

Page 4 of 5 < 1 2 3 4 5 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal