shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76106 - 06/05/05 04:29 AM rear windsheild wiper chipping
Anonymous
Unregistered

So I guess the powder coating on my rear windsheild wiper is chipping off pretty bad. It is almost all just plain metal. Has this happeneed to anyone? I would imagine the only way to remedy the problem would be to take it off and Rustoleum it or osmething but I can't figure out for the life of me how I would go about doing that.

#76107 - 06/05/05 06:18 AM Re: rear windsheild wiper chipping
trwinship Offline

Loc: Gahanna, OH, USA
There used to be a couple of postings on how to remove the rear wiper for repainting, but I couldn't find them when I did a brief search. However, to be truthful, given the potential for damaging the wiper arm and the shaft, and the fact that pretty much anything you use to repaint the arm is going to come off again anyway, I've always used this method: get a large-tipped permanent black magic marker and just color the thing in. After a day or two nobody will notice that it's not painted and the bare metal will be colored. When it wears off (which takes quite a while, considering) just touch it up.

#76108 - 06/05/05 06:38 AM Re: rear windsheild wiper chipping
Lightning Offline

Loc: High Point, NC
If I remember right, the posts from the past about this topic said they used a small pulley puller or steering wheel puller to remove the wiper. You can get them from the local Auto Zone or the like for about $3.00.

edit: I stand corrected by Brent.... it was a battery terminal puller, or a small pulley puller.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal