2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#76174 - 10/01/05 09:09 PM Spoilers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi Everyone,
I am a new owner of a Black 2002 Xterra SE.

I am thinking about adding somethings to it...

What are everyone's thoughts on the following:
Rear Spoiler?
Hood Scoop?
Lift Kits?

Any ideas/thoughts you can give me would be awesome! smile

#76175 - 10/01/05 09:12 PM Re: Spoilers
rrdstarr Offline

Loc: Tacoma
Cross out the first two.......

-Rick

#76176 - 10/01/05 09:19 PM Re: Spoilers
Anonymous
Unregistered

What is wrong with a rear spoiler?

The one on my Pathfinder keeps the reaar window clean all winter, while my X gets covered with crap before I drive two miles if there is any snow on the roads. There just doesn't seem like an easy way to put one on the Xterra like there is on the Pathfinder.

#76177 - 10/01/05 09:35 PM Re: Spoilers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Was just surfin' around on the net and found this on ebay....http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&rd=1&item=7946932825&category=33638&sspagename=WDVW

i don't think it looks bad at all.

#76178 - 10/01/05 10:13 PM Re: Spoilers
gearhead1972 Offline

Loc: Brewster NY
Quote:
Originally posted by rrdstarr:
Cross out the first two.......

#76179 - 10/01/05 10:14 PM Re: Spoilers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Like Tom said a spoiler keeps the crap off the back. Yes its practical, but at the sacrifice of giving the back end the iMac look [which we all know is used for better grip when throwing them]. I have the same problem; have dirty window or use all my washer fluid in a few days. Catch-22 I guess.
The hood scoops perhaps not. They don't do a whole lot for you, whereas the lift would. Save the $$$ and get nice tires, they help off road and on road when its crappy out, same weather that the spoiler keeps off.
As I was reading this, the random banner at the bottom was an ad for spoilers [LOL] ahh cheap thrills.

#76180 - 10/01/05 11:19 PM Re: Spoilers
Anonymous
Unregistered

I dont think this fellow is looking for the type of air deflector that cleans the window, I think he is looking for a show style diffuser.

SassSea:

Most here will encourage you to go with a lift kit. Personally I think the spoiler and hood scoop would look downright ugly on a lifted SUV with big tires. Check out our members pictures forum for some good ideas of how to fix up your rig! smile

Quote:
Originally posted by MediStorm:

As I was reading this, the random banner at the bottom was an ad for spoilers [LOL] ahh cheap thrills.
Its not so random. wink
Those are ads produced by google. They search the text on the page and display relavent results. Sorry to spoil your fun laugh

#76181 - 11/01/05 08:07 AM Re: Spoilers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the replys everyone....and I am actually a girl haha

I know I will prolly get a bunch of flack for this but, the lift kit wouldn't really be for off roading...I just love the way it looks. It already has BFG tires on it.

I got the idea for the spoiler and hood scoop from the Toyota 4-Runner. YES! I know, it's not the same as an X, but it looks pretty hot.

#76182 - 11/01/05 09:48 AM Re: Spoilers
pdanko Offline

Loc: Lawrence, Kansas
I saw a pretty cool hood the other day that had a scoop in the middle which routed the air through ducts under the bottom of the hood straight to the airbox area.

"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." -Voltaire

#76183 - 11/01/05 12:57 PM Re: Spoilers
Stonecoldchavez Offline

Loc: New Jersey
Quote:
Originally posted by SassSea:
Thanks for the replys everyone....and I am actually a girl haha

I know I will prolly get a bunch of flack for this but, the lift kit wouldn't really be for off roading...I just love the way it looks. It already has BFG tires on it.

I got the idea for the spoiler and hood scoop from the Toyota 4-Runner. YES! I know, it's not the same as an X, but it looks pretty hot.
What kind of hood scoop are you talking about? Cutting in one? Or getting a factory one from Brasil? FYI, South American (I believe, where is Brent when you need him?) Xterras have factory hood scoops.

The rear spoiler looks *alright*, not great. I don't think they even make them anymore. You would have to get one from Ebay.

You can get a "quickie" lift by installing rear shackles and adjusting the torsion bars a bit.

Stone

#76184 - 11/01/05 01:03 PM Re: Spoilers
KJ_dragon Offline

Loc: East Bay, CA

#76185 - 11/01/05 04:11 PM Re: Spoilers
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the pictures! I will have to look around and see what I really like as far as the hood scoop goes....

Spoiler....I like it a lot. I like the idea that it would keep the dust off the back window and add a little "style" to the car...i also think it "Completes" the roof rack....

#76186 - 13/01/05 07:07 AM Re: Spoilers
Kerensky97 Offline

Loc: Utah
Technically that picture is of an Air Deflector.
This is an Xterra Spoiler , and you can see why Rick talked about crossing it out. It doen't have any usefullness for the Xterra, it's just a fiberglass airbrake bolted to the Xterra.

Xterra101.com

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal