2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#72 - 02/03/07 11:46 AM Prefer other forums to CarSpace(Edmunds.com)
Anonymous
Unregistered

I responded to a couple of posts on CarSpace, the Edmunds.com auto forum, where people were looking for brand specific guidance from actual vehicle owners. In my responses, I mentioned that other sites, like XOC and JeepForum, had lots of owners available to render assistance and were more active regarding info. on Xterras and Jeeps. Thus, I suggested they might look there as well.

As I violated CarSpace's Rules Of The Road, my posts were deleted."The Forums do not allow links to, or promotions of automotive sites that host or contain message boards, forums or chats. We think the Edmunds.com Forums are the best place on the internet to discuss vehicles."

I understand that they can do this and that I had violated the above rule(I had forgotten about the rule). I know they are running a business. I don't agree with their opinion of themselves.

Just wanted to say that I'm glad there are places where we can freely share(politely) information and opinions without fear of being 'deleted'.

#73 - 02/03/07 03:30 PM Re: Prefer other forums to CarSpace(Edmunds.com)
silverxglider Offline

Loc: Andes, NY
Same thing happened to me a few years ago. I too forgot their rule. I can understand their wanting to avoid exploitation of their site by business competitors but that was enough to make me leave and never go back.

#74 - 02/03/07 04:29 PM Re: Prefer other forums to CarSpace(Edmunds.com)
Anonymous
Unregistered

That way of thinking is so yesterday. Edmunds sucks anyway smile

If I were an owner of a site, I'd try to cross-link and allow as much sharing as possible. Somebody links to you, you like to somebody else. Everybody wins.

#75 - 02/03/07 06:03 PM Re: Prefer other forums to CarSpace(Edmunds.com)
mindie Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
That's funny. I think I found out about XOC from xcanuk on Edmunds.com. But that was over 6 years ago, so I could be remembering incorrectly. I can understand why a company doesn't want you promoting another site on their site, but it is a bit silly. I remember some of my posts over there being deleted, but I don't remember now what rule I broke.

#76 - 03/03/07 06:59 AM Re: Prefer other forums to CarSpace(Edmunds.com)
xcanuk Offline

Loc: Mtl. Que. Canada
Hey Mindie, yeah that was me. When the X was new and Edmunds was active, we linked to a bunch of sites (pre-xoc yahoo board, the un-official site) They nail you for it now.

#77 - 04/03/07 08:24 AM Re: Prefer other forums to CarSpace(Edmunds.com)
mindie Offline

Loc: Portland, OR
Quote:
Originally posted by xcanuk:
Hey Mindie, yeah that was me.
Hi, stranger! Good to see you again!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal