2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 67 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#80642 - 18/01/01 08:49 AM Re: New custom rear bumper
Synchro Offline

Loc: The booth on the left
Quote:
Originally posted by Shortbus:
Will this thing fit with the Nissan factory reciever hitch or will I need to go ahead and get that added on as an option?

i imagine you could drill it out and still keep the factory hitch, but it might look funny and the incorporated hitch looks pretty good, is rated the same and has a better approach and departure angle than the factory one.

i have ditched my factory hitch. make sure you hold onto your frame stiffeners though.

------------------
Synchro (aka Kirk)
Ashburn, VA, USA (suburb of Washington D.C.)
2000 Xterra SE, Alpine Green, Auto, 4x4, ARB, 32" BFG MTs
President: Mid-Atlantic Xterra Club
http://www.maxc.org/members/synchro.htm

#80643 - 18/01/01 11:59 AM Re: New custom rear bumper
Shortbus Offline

Loc: Tampa, FL, USA
Cool, I guess I'll just get the optional hitch on it. ThanX

------------------
"If you are having a bad day and it seems like people are just trying to piss you off. Just remember it takes 42 muscles to frown and only 2 to pull the trigger of a decent sniper rifle."

"Since the internet has no walls or fences, why do we need Windows and Gates?"

#80644 - 19/01/01 10:32 PM Re: New custom rear bumper
ned946 Offline

Could you have a couple of slots made in the bumper for hi-lift jack points?

------------------

#80645 - 21/01/01 10:56 AM Re: New custom rear bumper
Mustard Custard Offline

Loc: Worldwide
Sorry for the delay guys. Here's the profile pic you asked for. I'll get better pics during the day when I get my ARB on and when all is Durabak'd (ordered a gallon last week).

I'm gonna get this rig completly trail ready before I hit the tuff stuff. I'd rather pay out for armor now, then have to pay the big bucks for damaged OEM components later. I learned that lesson the hard way a few years back with my Jeep.

Oh yeah, finished mounting/wiring my license plate frame. Ran the wire inside the swing-away gate. Pain in the a**, but got her done.

[img]http://albums.photopoint.com/j/View?u=1244072&a=9190433&p=38712011[/img]

------------------
2001 Solar Yellow SE

[This message has been edited by Mustard Custard (edited January 21, 2001).]
KMA Tire Carrier

#80646 - 21/01/01 03:11 PM Re: New custom rear bumper
blenderhead Offline

Loc: Grovetown, GA, USA
I say Mustard Custards new spare tire setup up close the other day. I was actually driving down the road and spotted this "hybrid" solar yellow Xterra way down the road. I must have chased him about 2 blocks and finally caught up to him. His setup is really nice and am even considering getting one on my Xterra. I hope he doesnt mind having another X within a 10 mile radius looking like his. M.S. even turned me on to XOC. Thanks M.S.

Here is my X in its current status.
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/moultriegc?d&.flabel=fld3&.intl=us&.src=ph&start=1e

------------------
http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/moultriegc?d&.flabel=fld3&.intl=us&.src=ph&start=1e

Greg Moultrie
00 Aztec Red XE 4x4 Auto

Greg Moultrie
00 Aztec Red XE 3-pak
4x4 Auto

#80647 - 21/02/01 05:19 PM Re: New custom rear bumper
chrismc Offline

Loc: Saint Charles, MO
Well, I finally got an X after several months of "lurking" on the board. (Alpine Green XE-V6, 3pak, 31 BFG AT's, Torsion/SLR RR Shackle lift so far...) Less than a week after getting it, I got rear-ended... I've benn following this thread and thinking about getting one of these bumpers, albeit minus the tire carrier, if I want to move the spare, it'll go up top. The bumper looks insanely sturdy. Now that I have a fat insurance check to pay for the bumper, I'm thinking strongly about it. The problem is that shipping to St Louis would be pretty intense on this thing, and Douglasville is a bit of a drive.... I have a friend who's an expert welder... think it'd be possible to build one of these things? Basically I'm just looking at a burly rear bumper with integrated 2" receiver and tow rings. I'd like to get it powder-coated or durabak-ed with some of the insurance cash. Could any of you guys kind of give us a summary (or draw a picture) of how this thing is built (or what would be a better way)? Alsa, wondering how well it interfaces with the plastic bumper ends... Some detail shots of the ends, and any bracing in the construction would be appreciated, as would any dimensions (well, dimensions that I couldn't get by measuring my X, obviously!). Very sharp trucks, MC and Synchro... My little X will get there eventually... maybe I'll meet you on the road sometime....

Thanks,
~chrismc

------------------
31x10.5 BFG AT's Torsion/SLR Shackle Lift
Smashed Rear Bumper

#80648 - 22/02/01 05:48 AM Re: New custom rear bumper
Synchro Offline

Loc: The booth on the left
yeah, stay away from KMA. bad customer service. i can say more, but i shall leave that for later.

If you want to make your own bumper that's cool. the outer part is 3/16" sheet steel that has been run through a sheet metal break to attempt and form matching curved surfaces with the plastic end pieces and match the stock rear bumper. under that is standard 2x4" box steel going across and then 2 more pieces welded onto that and they go into the frame. It would be better if the recovery shackles were actually all the way through not just weleded on the outside, like mine and MCs. go look at the Bulletproof site to se how they do their shackle mounts. the most difficult piece is probably the sheet metal as you have to get the dimensions right and then find someone who can bend 3/16" steel. i do not know the measurements of mine, but it should take you too long to figure them out. i think when Kyle and i did that, we did almost all the measurements in about 1.5 to 2 hours.

good luck.

[This message has been edited by Synchro (edited 02-22-2001).]

#80649 - 22/02/01 05:36 PM Re: New custom rear bumper
Chris Mc Offline

Loc: St Charles, MO
Thanks for the details, Synchro. Once I get going with this thing, I'll be sure to share details/pics. Its really damn cold and snowy here in St Louis, so things are kinda on hold for a bit. (No heat in the shop)

------------------
Caver-X
'01 Alpine Green XE 4x4
Manual tranny, 3pak
31x10.5 BFG AT's Torsion/SLR Shackle Lift
Smashed Rear Bumper w/ Olds' Paint...

#80650 - 22/02/01 09:40 PM Re: New custom rear bumper
ned946 Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Synchro:
yeah, stay away from KMA. bad customer service.
[This message has been edited by Synchro (edited 02-22-2001).]

Its sad to see this statement. I would want the rear tire carrier as the next project for my Xterra. Could you e-mail me on what makes you make the statement if you don't want to post? Are you suggesting that I look elsewhere to have something like this? Bulletproof?

------------------

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal