shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#85692 - 05/10/03 09:40 AM Unknown part found in the passenger compartment.
Anonymous
Unregistered

I have found a small plastic piece that looks like a "T" with a sprinf on it. I found it on the floor in the back. It matches the interior so I don't think it's a foreign object. It's 2 1/2" high and 4" wide. The spring on the bottom is very small and flimsy. If anyone knows what this is please let me know. P.S. I think it has something to do with the retractable cup holders on the back of the console but, they work fine. It has a number "2" on it also. Thanks. [Uh Oh !]

#85693 - 05/10/03 07:44 PM Re: Unknown part found in the passenger compartment.
Miikkaa Offline

Loc: Central New Jersey, United Sta...
That sounds like the part that folds down and forms the "bottom" of the cupholders. It should snap back in if the pins are still intact although the spring might be a pain to hook up. A small mirror might be handy to see underneath. Since it's just gravity operated when the cupholder unit is slid out it should work fine without the spring.

Michael AKA Miikkaa

Earth people suck.

#85694 - 05/10/03 09:30 PM Re: Unknown part found in the passenger compartment.
jorge Offline

Loc: Montclair, NJ
Wow, I also knew what you meant by that little "T".

The first day I had my truck, I thought it was so cool that there were cup holders in the back(Note: I had a 93 Saturn SL2 before this, the Xterra is a luxury vehicle in comparison), that I put a water bottle right in there. Once I opened up the console, it pushed against the bottle and snapped that holder apart.

When I went for my first oil change, I told them what happened and they replaced it for free.

Plethora of photos , videos , a Phlog ,
and a site with kittens .
www.njax.net
NJAX.net profile
--------------------
Homer, I see your daughter is one of those wave-kissing, Dukakis-hugging moon maidens.

#85695 - 06/10/03 02:48 PM Re: Unknown part found in the passenger compartment.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ahh, I got it, it's the part the bottom of your cup sits on. Thanks for the help.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal