2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 64 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#86204 - 06/02/01 10:20 PM Lighting Questions
twobeagles Offline

Loc: Phoenix, AZ
I'm finaly getting around to doing some research on fog/driving lights. I'm planning on getting the Westin Safari Bar. I'm looking for lights to mount to the bar, mainly to light up forest roads when I'm camping. Can anyone recommend suitable lamps that also look good? Can these lights be wired so that when I turn on my stock fog lamps, the auxilaries go on also?

------------------
VB
2001 Xterra SE
4X4 5spd Ghost White

#86205 - 07/02/01 05:26 AM Re: Lighting Questions
DaveDatsun Offline

Loc: Sahuarita, AZ
I'm not clear as to the type of light you want. Fog or driving or both. For twisty, narrow trails a powerful fog mounted at bumper height would help. For more open roads, a light with driving beam would be usefull.
Some of the better brands include PIAA, Catz, IPF and Hella. The model that looks on your X is a matter of your preference. Usually the kits come with a full wiring harness including fuse, relay, switch and indicator light. You can set up the circuit so the lights will come on whenever you choose. For example, I replaced the OEM fogs and have them set so they can be used whenever the parking lights or hi/low beams are on. OTOH, the IPF 960 driving lights can only be selected if the hi beams are on. Just depends where you connect the relay's signal wire.

dave and Xtoy - turn night into day

------------------

#86206 - 07/02/01 11:26 AM Re: Lighting Questions
Philosopher Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by DaveDatsun:
I'm not clear as to the type of light you want. Fog or driving or both. For twisty, narrow trails a powerful fog mounted at bumper height would help. For more open roads, a light with driving beam would be usefull.
Some of the better brands include PIAA, Catz, IPF and Hella. The model that looks on your X is a matter of your preference. Usually the kits come with a full wiring harness including fuse, relay, switch and indicator light. You can set up the circuit so the lights will come on whenever you choose. For example, I replaced the OEM fogs and have them set so they can be used whenever the parking lights or hi/low beams are on. OTOH, the IPF 960 driving lights can only be selected if the hi beams are on. Just depends where you connect the relay's signal wire.

dave and Xtoy - turn night into day

Or you can run lights directly to the battery, so you don't need to have any other lights on. My 2 sets of IPF 960's are wired this way and work great.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal