2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#86525 - 23/07/07 09:13 AM Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
Anonymous
Unregistered

This is pretty urgent...
I just called Jim to order myself a bumper, and found out that it takes 4-5 weeks to get one.... My car is in shop, I cannot wait 4-5 weeks for a bumper. Does anyone know if there is any place, any way to buy Shrockworks bumper and get it shipped right away/pick up would be even better. I'm in Denver.
If not - are there any comparable (somewhat comparable by quality) front bumpers that I should consider... Thanks all.
Like I said this is urgent, so any help is appreciated.
Oh, and we're talking about my wrecked 2005 Off Road.

#86526 - 23/07/07 09:28 AM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
Anonymous
Unregistered

No, it will take a really long time for it to come. Sorry buddy! You just have to wait. It will be worth the wait though. I have been waiting for a skid plate for 6 months now. Can you find a buddy who has replaced the bumper on theirs and use it in the mean time?

#86527 - 23/07/07 09:39 AM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by l1r:
This is pretty urgent...
I just called Jim to order myself a bumper, and found out that it takes 4-5 weeks to get one.... My car is in shop, I cannot wait 4-5 weeks for a bumper. Does anyone know if there is any place, any way to buy Shrockworks bumper and get it shipped right away/pick up would be even better. .
Maybe if you slip Jim an extra $200, he could make you one in a snap...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#86528 - 23/07/07 09:48 AM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
ripcurl2151 Offline

Loc: NJ
sorry about your dillema, but a month or more on his bumpers is normal. he makes all of them to order.

you could check out the calmini bumper too. most people will agree that it isn't quite as good as jim's, but you might be able to get it faster

#86529 - 23/07/07 09:57 AM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
Anonymous
Unregistered

You can check out the TJM bumper. Alot of people like it, and I bet you could get it faster.

TJM bumper

#86530 - 23/07/07 10:07 AM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry, Just noticed its a 2005, doesn't show they have one on their website for the new X's.

#86531 - 23/07/07 10:16 AM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Currently Shrock and Calmini are your only options for a real bumper for an 05+. You could try calmini, but I bet their wait would be about the same.

#86532 - 23/07/07 01:24 PM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Muzikman:
Currently Shrock and Calmini are your only options for a real bumper for an 05+. You could try calmini, but I bet their wait would be about the same.
More than likely they will tell you two weeks but you'll wait eight months.

#86533 - 23/07/07 01:55 PM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
koalakilla Offline

Loc: Woodlands, TX
There is also ARB.

http://www.4wheelparts.com/PDT7692.aspx

Why is it so urgent to get the bumper on right away? I dont know but the truck might even be street legal without (as long as you still have the steel section from the original on). I feel like when I got my ARB years ago it was a few weeks wait but nothing that terrible.
SWXC Member #74

#86534 - 23/07/07 02:26 PM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Calmini said 4-6 weeks backorder...
Quote:
Why is it so urgent to get the bumper on right away?
Well, for one the camping season will be over by the time I get one from Jim. For two - I doubt legality of driving without a bumper. And for three - I don't even have the reinforcment bar (aka the steel section from the original). Mine was pretty bent and I figured rather then buying that, cover, skid plate and all the crap Nissan put there, I'd get a one piece, $1000, solid bumper that would look good and stay strong. One hell of a dilema.
Quote:
I have been waiting for a skid plate for 6 months now.
Crap... I would've ordered it, but what if he won't even get it in 6 weeks. I definitely cannot wait for 6 months!

Do you think I really should try to talk to Jim if he can expedite the order? Those of you who may know him: any suggestions?

#86535 - 23/07/07 02:50 PM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
Anonymous
Unregistered

The actual bumper is not the plastic piece. The part that offers protection was behind that. And I know of at least 3 Xterras driving around Denver with out the plastic gaurd on the front. They have been doing it for years.

#86536 - 23/07/07 07:07 PM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Kev, he said he doesn't have the steel part of the bumper.

l1r, 4-5 weeks is what you have to deal with for the quality you get from Jim, and yeah it sucks but you can't put a rush on quality.

Oh, check out www.roninwheelers.com for a more local aspect on the problem.

#86537 - 23/07/07 10:19 PM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Consider the 4-5 weeks a very optimistic timeframe. When I ordered my front and rear bumper back in February, it took 11.5 weeks. Like the other posters have said, you can't rush quality. I have nothing but great things to say about Jim and Shrockworks. Waiting is not easy, but well worth it.

Do a search in the Manufacturer's Row for "Shrockworks Shipping" to see more realistic time estimates.

#86538 - 24/07/07 09:48 AM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think I still have the "metal" part of the stock bumper. If I can find it (It should be sitting down next to the garage, but it might have been scrapped already) and you want to pay shipping, I'll send it to you.

#86539 - 24/07/07 10:21 AM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
Anonymous
Unregistered

yeah, I can wait, not just 5, but 10 weeks, as long as I can use my Xterra while at it... I hate driving that 96 Subaru Legacy Outback I got for cheap to have something to run around in while X is in shop.
Quote:
I think I still have the "metal" part of the stock bumper. If I can find it (It should be sitting down next to the garage, but it might have been scrapped already) and you want to pay shipping, I'll send it to you.
That would be greatly appreciated (if you have it). What do you think shipping would be? $50? $75?
Anyone in Colorado has this part I can borrow/buy for a reasonable price (until I get my Shrockworks)... That would be easier for all.
Guess I'll post that in WTB section..

By the way, thanks guys, I appreciate all the patience and help I've been seeing on this messageboard. I am looking forward to hanging out with you (at least CO ones wink ) as soon as I get my truck fixed up. It must be owning the Xterra that gives people all the positive qualities smile j/k

#86540 - 06/08/07 09:44 AM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK, order placed on August 3. Will see how long it will take in reality.
Talked to Jim prior to ordering, he was cool. Said he will get it out in 6 weeks. So, hoping... to have it before snow season.

#86541 - 06/08/07 11:10 AM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
Anonymous
Unregistered

4x4parts carries the Shrock bumper... I have no idea what the time line on them are though... Shrock from 4x4parts

#86542 - 06/08/07 11:31 AM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
This is a special order item and is not available for returns, exchanges, or refunds.
I'm sure they order it from Jim after you order it from them. It's just due to their size, they might get them a bit faster...

#86543 - 06/08/07 05:14 PM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
XSAL Offline

Loc: 94043 -> 19355
Quote:
Originally posted by ripcurl2151:
...most people will agree that it isn't quite as good as jim's, but you might be able to get it faster
Are you talking about powder coating, or fabrication?

I have never seen Shrock front bumper in person (but I have seen Shrock rear bumper), but I wasn't aware that most people think that Calmini products are inferior.

I'm not intending to start war here... Your comment just got me to wonder...if that was well-known fact on xoc...

#86544 - 14/08/07 09:38 PM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
Anonymous
Unregistered

I ordered at the end of March and it took 12 weeks.

#86545 - 16/08/07 08:25 PM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
Anonymous
Unregistered

i was in the same boat as you back in october. i got in a wreck and needed the front end so instead of buying everything i just bought the shrock bumper. he told me 4 to 6 weeks too but ended up getting it about 2 months later. i had to drive around without a bumper for a while and look stupid. down here in sc it aint illegal to go without a bumper. i dont know about where you live though.

#86546 - 17/08/07 02:31 PM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Da*n... oh well, too late anyways, already ordered, money already paid (which I disagree with - until you deliver finished product, do not take the entire sum. Half maybe - to cover your material, etc.)
My shop is being slow as hell anyways - a month and a half after the crash, they are yet to get started on it next week. Partially my fault - took me a while to get the parts purchased and delivered.
Shortbus00 - sweet interior. Did it yourself?

#86547 - 12/09/07 08:27 AM Re: Shrockworks Bumper - 4-5 weeks!
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yesterday (Sep 11) got a shipment notification! Jim's the man! 5.5 weeks from the day of order. I'm glad I worked with that guy, he's awesome, and I have a lot of respect for people who can stick with the promised schedule. The other best part - My shop is painting my straightened up X, so by the time bumper gets here, she will be ready for it wink
Also got Volant intake for it. Should be here by this weekend.
Damn, this accident cost me almost 7K, but I got a few aftermarket parts, I would normally never paid so much money for.
Anybody knows how long freight from Texas to Colorado would take? I'd imagine couple of days...

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal