2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 35 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 2 of 2 < 1 2
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#86631 - 01/03/04 04:48 PM Re: '00-01 brush gaurd will fit "03 - X
Anonymous
Unregistered

Motor man does have a point. Those brush guards are useful for close quarters situations such as parallel parking. Every cab in NYC has 'em.

The cons of the guard definitely outweigh the pros in the case of a 4wd Xterra. Those guards cause a great deal of front end damage in the case of a relatively small accident. They also cause more damage to the other persons car. If you rear-end someone, it is almost always your fault. Therefore, your liability insurance will be covering their damage, too. I have heard of a recent case where the insurance company refused to pay(liability) because the person did not have the brush guard declared on there policy.

I have been 4-wheeling since I got my "X" and have banged up the bottom of the front bumper numerous times; there is no way I could ever live with the decreased approach that the brush guard gives in front.

Aftermarket bumpers are ugly?
If I wanted a pretty car, I would have bought a 350Z.

.............Maybe somebody will rear-end me with one of those brush guards so I can buy an aftermarket bumper with the insurance money.

#86632 - 01/03/04 07:41 PM Re: '00-01 brush gaurd will fit "03 - X
blizzard Offline

Loc: Yarnell, AZ.
Aftermarket bumpers are ugly?
If I wanted a pretty car,
I would have bought a 350Z...
So why didn't you buy a Jeep?

.............Maybe somebody will rear-end me with one of those brush guards so I can buy an aftermarket bumper with the insurance money .

There ya go, git some ranch rod an build ya a diamond plate bumper, don't matter what it look like.......
The person doing the rear ending is ALWAYS the guilty party in my state. Damage is damage, how expensive do you think an Xterra front bumper and assorted hardware would cost???

#86633 - 02/03/04 01:21 PM Re: '00-01 brush gaurd will fit "03 - X
Anonymous
Unregistered

"So why didn't you buy a Jeep?"
A jeep?
Wrangler: 2 doors, I need 4.
Grand Cherokee: To big
I dont think the Jeep Liberty can hold a candle to the Xterra. As a matter of fact a buddy of mine bought one and ended trading it in a year later because it was such a piece of shit.

Nissan makes an excellent engine, transmission and altogether quality product.

I have abused the hell out of my "X" while my friends with their Pilots, RAVs, CR-Vs and Highlanders stick to the street with their brush guards to protect their front bumper from runaway shopping carts or soccer balls.

Page 2 of 2 < 1 2

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal