2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#88062 - 02/01/06 09:02 PM Re: NO more brushguards
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
Hey thanks man.

We are going nuts here...she can't last much longer like this, and there are a lot of family members in agony. Laurie (The girl needing the liver) refuses her sister's offer for 60% of her's, but that seems to be the last hope so far.

frown

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#88063 - 03/01/06 09:23 AM Re: NO more brushguards
Anonymous
Unregistered

OK Here is an ARB opinion.

High Lights laugh

- Little Lighter
- Hoops are sturdy
- Wings are sturdy
- Mounts 3 bolts per side
- Hidden winch, plus or minus depending on your opinion
- D-Ring plates
- Brackets for CB
- Brackets for Lights

Low Lights [Too much XOC]

- D rings brackets are not meant for heavy duty recovery, but you should be using the frame
- Needs to be modified for body lift
- Tire rub under severe compression this happened after coming off a 12" lip at 30+mph, so it is pretty hard to do unless you suspension is worn/sagged out.

Testimonials cool

- I have hit a deer with mine no damage to the corner pieces
- I have been backed into by SOMEONE (no names mentioned) going at least 15mph, no damage
- I have hit a rock wall really hard after bending my steering going around a rock climb. Hit the bumper hard on the corner, no damage

#88064 - 03/01/06 09:32 AM Re: NO more brushguards
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
OK Here is an ARB opinion.....
That's impossible! The consensus is......

[Huh?] [Too much XOC] laugh

Just kidding, Kevins bumper is suweeeet!

#88065 - 03/01/06 11:11 AM Re: NO more brushguards
xterraintx Offline

Loc: Eddy, TX..
Kevin, I assume when you were backed into the air bags did not go off. I wonder if those of us with ARB or other bumpers should worry about this?

I am guessing that with stock bumper... they would go off????

Sorry about the post hijack

#88066 - 03/01/06 11:41 AM Re: NO more brushguards
TJ Offline

Loc: Lawrenceville, NJ, USA
The bags deploy on rapid decelleration that the sensors program tells them that the occupant will be thrown foward/at the dash, etc...hard enough to suffer serious or fatal injury.

An impact can be hard, but the truck not decelerated sufficiently, and the bags remain undeployed.

I've never sen an X's deploy, but I've seen plenty of others go off.

It takes a pretty good shot...I have seen some go off offroad, like coming down nose first off ledges, perhaps a 4'-6' drop, on Jeeps who forgot to pull the bag fuse before heading out, etc.

A free falling jeep, at 32' per sec2, for 6', would be going less than 22 mph...as it takes a second of fall to get to that speed...but the rocks below are not likley to cushion anything.

laugh

I would have thought a 15 mph impact would be enough, as I got 3/4 head on'd in a company car by a late for work nut job...I was going maybe 10 mph, the other car was going maybe 10 mph turning across oncoming traffic into my bumper to get into a bank entrance, that had I not been there, was already bocked by a camaro, which she also rammed...

:rolleyes:

So my bag went off, cracked one rib. Hers didn't, the camaro's did.

laugh

So it seems to be a crap shoot as to if they go off...but, in looking at the respective damage to each car, the deployments seemed to match the absorbed forces.

2001 Xterra '03 VG33, SE 5 spd, 305/70/16's, Revolvers, UBSkidderz, Doubled AAL's, 3"SL/2"BL, winch/bumpers, skids, sliders, OBA, Snorkel, pine stripes....

Friends don't let friends drive stock.

http://www.gifsoup.com/view/501230/tj-tackling-crawlers-ridge-o.gif

#88067 - 03/01/06 11:41 AM Re: NO more brushguards
Anonymous
Unregistered

The sensors are based off of shock and deceleration from what I have read.

It was an awkward situation... but I had just come off a big rock so when he hit I didnt budge any... it did push the back bumper into the rock. And it was a sandy area.

Also he may not have been going 15 but it sure looked like it from my point of view!!!!!!! eek

Page 3 of 3 < 1 2 3

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal