2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 113 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#91410 - 17/08/01 09:00 AM #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
Can someone confirm for me that the Wet Okole seat cover color that most closely matches Nissan Solar Yellow is #218? Eric?

It just doesn't look right on their website, too dark...

I'm ordering TODAY!

Thanks,

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

#91411 - 17/08/01 10:58 AM Re: #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
Xrugger Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
Email them, I'm sure the can send you a sample color swatch of neoprin.

#91412 - 17/08/01 12:53 PM Re: #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
Yep, #218. I ordered swatches from them. The lighter yellow in person is almost neon.

#91413 - 17/08/01 02:00 PM Re: #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
LastRites Offline

Loc: 6012 feet up....
I did get the swatches from them, #216 is a very light, vibrant yellow, almost neon. The other yellow #218 is almost an exact match for our beloved §olar Yellow however IMO it was a little darker and just did not look that great. We decided to get just plain black.

#91414 - 17/08/01 04:09 PM Re: #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
ILUVMYX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by LastRites:
I did get the swatches from them, #216 is a very light, vibrant yellow, almost neon.

I think you mean #16 not #216. I don't think there is a #216

#91415 - 17/08/01 04:21 PM Re: #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
daeman09 Offline

Loc: Santa Ana, CA
Speaking about seat covers, anybody ordered the rear covers for the X?
I've only seen the front ones but none of the backseats. If not I'll post what I think about em, when I recieve mine. Just placed an order for front and back seat covers. ;-)

#91416 - 17/08/01 07:58 PM Re: #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
LastRites Offline

Loc: 6012 feet up....
I think you mean #16 not #216. I don't think there is a #216

I stand corrected, thats what I get for paying attention to detail wink

#91417 - 17/08/01 08:03 PM Re: #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
Xercise Offline

Loc: RI, USA
I have both the front and rear, bought them immediately when I bought the truck. I washed them recently and my seats are good as new. The only problem is that the neoprene tends to be hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

2000 Super Black SE 4x4

#91418 - 20/08/01 07:28 AM Re: #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
TravelingFool Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Xercise:
The only problem is that the neoprene tends to be hot in the summer and cold in the winter.

Now Dammit!! I specifically asked this question awhile back and ALL OF YOU swore that this wasn't the case. What's a boy to do...

Snarl, how much extra did you pay for the XTerra logo?

#91419 - 20/08/01 08:06 AM Re: #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
Snarl Offline

Loc: Eau Claire, WI USA
Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
Snarl, how much extra did you pay for the XTerra logo?

It was like $39.00 extra. I figured what the hell, I was blowing the ungodly $500 anyway, what's an extra $40 for the 'finishing touch' smile I can't wait to get them. They told me it would be a 5-WEEK WAIT! Counting down... about 3.5 more to go.

Snarl

#91420 - 20/08/01 08:55 AM Re: #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
TravelingFool Offline

$500 was WAY too much to blow in one sitting. I went with the two front seats first. If I like 'em, I might get the rest... but since my X spends most of its time with the back seats removed, the rear folded down, and the cargo liner doing the protection work, I didn't see a need for the rear covers.

#91421 - 20/08/01 09:07 AM Re: #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
Snarl Offline

Oh, if you're only doing 2, then it might be cheaper.

Snarl

#91422 - 20/08/01 10:18 AM Re: #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
ILUVMYX Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by PNUTMNM:
Now Dammit!! I specifically asked this question awhile back and ALL OF YOU swore that this wasn't the case. What's a boy to do...

Xercise is full of doo-doo. They get no hotter or colder than the plain old fabric seats.

#91423 - 20/08/01 11:30 AM Re: #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
Viper X Offline

Loc: Mercer Island, WA
The neoprene is no hotter or colder than the stock seat fabric. Definetly nothing like leather. I let them bake in the 90 temp of sun river last week while I played a round of golf, got in and drove off just like it was back home in seattle. Even the leather wrapped steering wheel wasn't hot.

#91424 - 20/08/01 09:34 PM Re: #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
Accasbel Offline

Loc: Chanhassen, MN USA
I don't think that it's a matter of hotter or colder; it's a matter of circulation. Here in Phoenix, it gets damned hot. When sitting on the neoprene the clothes start to get soaked. At least with the fabric it soaks up the moisture and keeps ya feeling dryer.

#91425 - 21/08/01 08:29 AM Re: #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
TravelingFool Offline

This is exactly what I was worried about. I didn't want to drive to work in the morning and get out of the truck with a big sweat stain on my back... or worse, drive home to Houston for Christmas and having to "towel off" every hundred miles.

Comments?

#91426 - 21/08/01 06:43 PM Re: #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
Viper X Offline

I have yet to get out of my X with a soaked back. I used to have that problem on my convertible which had leather seats covered by cheep terry cloth. Then my last truck was a small cab that had leather seats and no a/c. It only took like 15 minutes before I was soaked.

#91427 - 22/08/01 08:07 AM Re: #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
Snarl Offline

ViperX... Isn't it pretty mild near Seattle where you are? A buddy of mine who just moved from that area said it was real mild most of the time. The reason I ask is that here in Wisconsin, although mostly cold, we do have some pretty humid months too. I wonder if the humidity may have something to do with it. Not that I really have a choice in the matter now, I plunked down the money and will have to deal with it either way. smile Oh well, I know it will LOOK cool! I told the Wet Okole folks they had Eric Konarske to thank for the sale since it was seeing the photos of his X with them in it that sold me.

Hey. Viper, how big is Mercer Island? Have you ever seen Lil_XTerra's whacked out ride? He lives there too.

Snarl

#91428 - 25/08/01 01:01 AM Re: #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
Viper X Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by Snarl:
ViperX... Isn't it pretty mild near Seattle where you are? A buddy of mine who just moved from that area said it was real mild most of the time. The reason I ask is that here in Wisconsin, although mostly cold, we do have some pretty humid months too. I wonder if the humidity may have something to do with it. Not that I really have a choice in the matter now, I plunked down the money and will have to deal with it either way. smile Oh well, I know it will LOOK cool! I told the Wet Okole folks they had Eric Konarske to thank for the sale since it was seeing the photos of his X with them in it that sold me.

Hey. Viper, how big is Mercer Island? Have you ever seen Lil_XTerra's whacked out ride? He lives there too.

Snarl

Well, since the beginning of June, we've only had 2-3 days of rain. I'm just 5 minutes from Seattle, so Its pretty close to sea level here. We've had weeks at a time in the 90's, and I took it for several road trips up north, and south to Sun River, where it was 97. No trouble yet. I haven't tried them in the cold yet, but will certainly do so this year.

And yes, I have seen Lil_X several times. His exhaust gives him away. It looked cool, till I heard it. It just sounded like someone farting. But to each his own. Mercer Island is like 26K people, (all old rich and snobish) and there are more than 25 X's . Mine was number 3 though. And none are used for more than towing jet skis or showing off at our QFC. frown Lil_X came out to see my X and my new lights while I was playing basketball the other day. His friends like mine considerably more, and I still have a lot of work to do.

#91429 - 25/08/01 01:20 AM Re: #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
Snarl Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by ViperX27:

And yes, I have seen Lil_X several times. His exhaust gives him away. It looked cool, till I heard it. It just sounded like someone farting. But to each his own. Mercer Island is like 26K people, (all old rich and snobish) and there are more than 25 X's .

Ok, so I must ask it... Is Lil_X as big of a shit-kabob in person as he was on this board? smile You need to get some photos of him and his ride for me...

25 X's for 26K people! Wow. We've got maybe 6 or 7 for an area of 150K people.

#91430 - 25/08/01 12:55 PM Re: #218 Yellow for Okole Seat Covers?
Viper X Offline

NO, in person he's fine. He goes to the high school where I graduated from a few years ago. He and his brother are the best tennis players in the sate, as he won the state singles tourny as a freshman and sophmore, as he is going to be a junior. In fact, he had to beat a fellow teammate for the title, how's that for team dominance. I still couldn't believe when he started all that nonesense. But at least he hasn't sone it for a while. I guess he just gets board. I have yet to see his new 20" rims and Pirelli racing tires. The service advisor at Bellevue Nissan said that he melted his wiring harness with those illegal zenon light, but that he warranited the problem. mad oh well. Out of all the x's, though, his and mine are the only non stock ones. mad But to each his own.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal