2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#91936 - 14/05/01 02:56 PM Anyone dealt with carmax?
beanie Offline

Loc: Indiana
I would really love to buy a brand new X but budget constraints won't allow me to. I was looking on carmax.com and found a couple of used Xterras in my price range. I was wondering if anyone has purchased a car with them (doesn't have to be an X) and what your experience was like.

------------------

#91937 - 14/05/01 07:10 PM Re: Anyone dealt with carmax?
pepper kay Offline

Loc: TX
Beanie ... I've "heard" good things about CarMax, but ...

The operative word is 'heard' ... I don't have any hands on experience myself ...

Secondly, which island and what are your September dates for Hawaii ...

------------------
Pepper Kay
Inventor of the kerosene powered telegraph key ...

#91938 - 15/05/01 08:53 AM Re: Anyone dealt with carmax?
beanie Offline

Loc: Indiana
I'm thinking carmax may be my best way to go for a used X. I'm not going to be able to afford a new one.

I am going to the islands of Oahu, Hawaii, and Maui. The tour I'm taking is through Contiki. It's an 8-day trip. I can't wait. I'm so excited to go.

------------------

#91939 - 15/05/01 11:31 AM Re: Anyone dealt with carmax?
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Yes, I bought my X new from a Carmax Nissan New Car Dealer (they also have used cars). The experience was great. I had 00 Frontier 4x4 that I traded in on the X and Carmax gave me way more for it than any other traditional dealer I went to.

The "no haggle" policy is just that. The price they have on the window is the price you pay.

One minor thing you might want to consider tho (this doesn't apply to new cars) if you buy a used car from them it does come with a limited warranty, *but* you have to take it to Carmax to have the service done. So if you don't live near a Carmax and you need service for a warranty repair then you may be facing a lengthy trip to get it fixed. With new cars the manufacturers warranty is valid at any dealership.

All in all it was a great experience and very hassle-free. I was done in about an hour (and it was a very busy Saturday). I live in VA, but the Nissan Carmax is in Maryland. The cool thing was they were able to register my X in VA for me through their computer system and 2 weeks later my VA tags and registration were in my mailbox as promised. Most regular dealers can't (or won't) do that for you. I'd definitely buy from Carmax again in the future. In fact, there was a big article in yesterday's Wash Post about how Carmax is one of the only "super dealers" that is actually making any money these days.

------------------
01 SE 4x4
Silver Ice

#91940 - 15/05/01 12:48 PM Re: Anyone dealt with carmax?
submrgd Offline

Loc: Leesburg, VA USA
I purchased my Xterra from CarMax in Baltimore and had a relativity good experience. The X was listed at the no haggle price of $500 over sticker and I was willing to pay that to avoid the BS from other dealers, So that good news right? The really good news is the day I was in they were offering an additional $500 off Xterra's, so do the math. One point I liked with CarMax is the salesperson takes you through the entire buying experience, i.e. No sale manager, finance manger etc.. you just sit in their office in feed him information that they impute into the computer. Sign the papers go out back and take delivery of you vehicle. Tip: Don't go on Saturday's the place is packed and definitely adds to your time.

------------------
submrgd

#91941 - 16/05/01 06:24 AM Re: Anyone dealt with carmax?
Cygnus-X1 Offline

Loc: Alexandria, Virginia
Yeah, Mine was the Baltimore store too. I went on a very busy Saturday, but one they appraised my trade and I said "OK, I'll take the X" it was very smooth process, just a little long (or maybe I was just anxious to get the F outta there in my new X).

------------------
01 SE 4x4
Silver Ice

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal