shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#91960 - 17/10/03 05:49 AM Dying to get an Xterra! new pricing question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hello everybody,

I'm the unpround owner of a 2002 Explorer XLT. With only 37000 miles on it and (1000) miles out of the crappy warranty I'm already have problems I'm paying for out of my own pocket. We had an altima back in the day (1995) and loved the thing so I know Nissan's are very reliable. Needless to say I've got the explorer on autotrader and am trying to sell it myself b/c the trade in value is a joke.

I read the excellent thread on faxing dealerships and all the tips and stuff I do have a question though.

I have been dealing with the Internet Sales Manager at a couple dealerships near by in Atlanta and feel like one is offering me a pretty great deal. Just want to make sure I really am from all you pros. We're looking for a Granite XE-V6 2WD Automatic with the Power package. One dealer ship said they have 29 of them and will offer me 18,977 plus tax out the door with the .9% APR for 36 months on any of them. The higher payments with 36 months doesn't scare me b/c I know that at the end of the loan I'll only be out like $300 in interest. Does this sound like something I should pull the trigger on?
Thanks for your input!

#91961 - 17/10/03 06:21 AM Re: Dying to get an Xterra! new pricing question
austinbrtndr Offline

Loc: ATX
I'm taking it this is an '03... sounds like a deal to me if you can handle the $575 a month payments... are they taking your trade or are you still selling it on the side? What do you owe on the Exploder?

West Ham UFC -- Come On You Irons!!!

www.myspace.com/kraigslist

Kraig

#91962 - 17/10/03 06:23 AM Re: Dying to get an Xterra! new pricing question
surfingteacher Offline

Loc: Richardson
except that it's a 2wd. Get it right the first time and get that 4wd. You'll be kicking yourself later down the road if you don't. just my $.02
TNT #14
SWXC #95
I wish I could think of something clever to put here.
Cardomain

#91963 - 17/10/03 06:57 AM Re: Dying to get an Xterra! new pricing question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Yep all 29 on the lot are 03's. I owe 22K on my xplorer and nissan said they'd give me 16.5K for it. I'm asking 21995 on autotrader which is right in the middle of what other's are going for too. I know a lot of you guys/gals are pretty hard core with the 4x4 stuff but I'm really looking for more reliable suv than the xplorer with a better warrany and can't stomach looking at Santa Fe's or Rav4's. That's why the Xterra is so appealing to us. The extend of our 4wheeling will be going up to the pumkin patch or picking out an Xmas tree. Lame I know!

#91964 - 17/10/03 07:31 AM Re: Dying to get an Xterra! new pricing question
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by surfingteacher:
except that it's a 2wd. Get it right the first time and get that 4wd. You'll be kicking yourself later down the road if you don't. just my $.02
Yup...take it from a guy who, when I first got my first X (2WD)...did not EVEN think that I was going to need or use the 4x4 package (just like you right now), so I got the 2WD X, 2 years ago...well, to make a long story short, and needless to say, I traded it in for my current X (4WD)which I should have gotten in the first place...but, it's all a personal thing...to each is own....get whatever makes you HAPPY!!!...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#91965 - 17/10/03 09:14 AM Re: Dying to get an Xterra! new pricing question
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
except that it's a 2wd. Get it right the first time and get that 4wd.
Good grief. The poor bastard hasn't even bought his X yet and the 4x4 propaganda machine has already kicked into gear. :rolleyes:

nrea93 - I'm in the Atlanta area also and have had a good experience with Team Nissan of Lithia Springs. Let me know if you'd like a name and number over there.

#91966 - 17/10/03 09:41 AM Re: Dying to get an Xterra! new pricing question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hey Russell,

That'd be great! The deal I'm referencing above for 18,977 is with Team Marietta.

Thanks,

Nathan

#91967 - 17/10/03 07:45 PM Re: Dying to get an Xterra! new pricing question
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
http://www.carbuyingtips.com

Chapter 4
http://www.carbuyingtips.com/car4.htm

Fill out the spreadsheet:
http://www.carbuyingtips.com/offer.xls

If you don't have MS Office or MS Excell, free Office compatabile suite:
http://www.openoffice.org

Crunch the numbers and then you will know if it's a good deal or not.

Don't forget to factor in your trade or financing either - it's a package deal!

Good luck!

#91968 - 17/10/03 08:30 PM Re: Dying to get an Xterra! new pricing question
BluRdgX Offline

Loc: Virginia's Blue Ridge Mountain...
Point 1: I too had an 02 Explorer....worst car buying mistake I ever made....traded it in for my 03 Xterra.....best thing I ever did, though I did take a bath on the trade in.....

Point 2: 4X2 vs 4X4....weigh you're options then YOU decide if you think you will need it.

Point 3: Use the links provided by DocNo....he knows what he's talking about.

Good luck and welcome! [Wave]

BluRdgX

#91969 - 18/10/03 10:20 PM Re: Dying to get an Xterra! new pricing question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Rickster43:
Quote:
[b]except that it's a 2wd. Get it right the first time and get that 4wd. You'll be kicking yourself later down the road if you don't. just my $.02
Yup...take it from a guy who, when I first got my first X (2WD)...did not EVEN think that I was going to need or use the 4x4 package (just like you right now), so I got the 2WD X, 2 years ago...well, to make a long story short, and needless to say, I traded it in for my current X (4WD)which I should have gotten in the first place...but, it's all a personal thing...to each is own....get whatever makes you HAPPY!!!...[/b]
I second the above notion! Notice my X's below my name? Jumped in on the 2wd the first time around, now I have the 4x4 this time cool

#91970 - 19/10/03 06:01 AM Re: Dying to get an Xterra! new pricing question
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Quote:
Originally posted by nrea93:
Hey Russell,

That'd be great! The deal I'm referencing above for 18,977 is with Team Marietta.

Thanks,

Nathan
Nathan, check your private messages.

#91971 - 19/10/03 07:39 AM Re: Dying to get an Xterra! new pricing question
Biohazard Offline

Loc: Rogers AR
Why don't you look into a bank for the loan? I got a lower rate a couple years ago going through the bank when the dealer wanted 8% for their loan.

#91972 - 20/10/03 05:52 AM Re: Dying to get an Xterra! new pricing question
Anonymous
Unregistered

Russell,

Thanks for the contact at Team. Once I unload my Xplorer I'll give your guy a call.

#91973 - 20/10/03 10:40 AM Re: Dying to get an Xterra! new pricing question
XTONKA Offline

Loc: Kailua Hawaii
The first Xterra I bought was a 2000 XE 2WD. Didn't think I wanted to offroad in a $23,000 truck not to mention legal offroad spots are sparce here on Oahu. Soon after I bought it, I met up with some other X owners here in Hawaii. We formed Xterra Club Hawaii (XTCHI). Some of us had 4x2's and some of us had 4x4's. I started noticing how much more fun the guys with the 4x4's(mainly this clown of a guy who calls himself Xterrian.) Buyers remorse(sp?)set in rather quick. I loved my Xterra but hated the fact I purchased a 4x2. It took me 3 years to covince my wife we/I needed a 4x4. She finally got sick of my non-stop nagging and let me buy an 03 Solar Yellow 4x4 S/C SE Xterra. What a truck! My only regrets now is that I didn't buy a 2002 when they were available so I could have gotten a manual tranny. frown Buy what you want, its going to be yours and it doesn't matter what anybody else thinks. I just wanted to let you know what I went through. Good Luck in what ever you decide.

Chaney

#91974 - 20/10/03 01:21 PM Re: Dying to get an Xterra! new pricing question
Coop Offline

Loc: Omaha, Nebraska
Quote:
Originally posted by Biohazard:
Why don't you look into a bank for the loan? I got a lower rate a couple years ago going through the bank when the dealer wanted 8% for their loan.
I doubt any bank is going to beat 0.9% 8%, no problem, but not 0.9%. If anyone finds one, I'd love to know who... I can throw some bidness their way laugh

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal