2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92018 - 18/07/03 01:56 PM Cars Direct
Anonymous
Unregistered

I just got a new Xterra. Man, I love that truck. Clark Howard is a local TV and radio personality that talks about money saving tips, finance, etc. here in Atlanta. He is always talking about carsdirect.com. My wife used cars direct a year ago to get a price to use at the dealerships when she bought her Accord. I went ahead and bought from cars direct. I know this sounds like a commercial, but it was really, really easy. I think it was more trouble to hook up my satelite television than to buy my new Xterra. The last car I bought 6 years ago was a terrible experience -sitting at the dealership for two days, the haggling, everything. I didn't want to do it again. Cars Direct or the internet is really the way to go now.

#92019 - 18/07/03 02:16 PM Re: Cars Direct
BlueSky Offline

Loc: Georgia
Welcome, Scott. Check out the Southeast Xterra Frontier Club link on the board as there are a number of Atlanta-area members. Also, if you decide to do any mods like adding the rear-wiper delay module, etc., let me know and I'll be happy to help out.

#92020 - 18/07/03 08:12 PM Re: Cars Direct
Olegkha Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
carsdirect is the best thing out there, it will beat any price, including prices from Marlboro nissan ( and that is hard to do )

I purchased 2 cars from there, and i seen 3 more purchased ( my friends ) and no dealer ever got close to Cars direct price

#92021 - 19/07/03 03:07 PM Re: Cars Direct
bostontim Offline

Loc: boston
I just bought a Black 2003 Xterra 4x4 from Quirk Nissan in Braintree MA for $1444 less than the carsdirect price. So dealers can match and beat the carsdirect price, but it is a good place to start from.

#92022 - 19/07/03 09:32 PM Re: Cars Direct
Olegkha Offline

Loc: Brooklyn, NY
Quote:
Originally posted by bostontim:
I just bought a Black 2003 Xterra 4x4 from Quirk Nissan in Braintree MA for $1444 less than the carsdirect price. So dealers can match and beat the carsdirect price, but it is a good place to start from.
wow
cool
how much did you pay , and what packages you got ?

#92023 - 21/07/03 06:32 AM Re: Cars Direct
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you can beat CarsDirect you did get a deal! I think the internet (whether it be cars direct or any other online car sales site) will change the way we buy cars. Hopefully it will end the haggling and scams that are so common with buying cars. The last car I bought before my Xterra was 6 years ago, and it was a nightmare process.

#92024 - 21/07/03 07:48 AM Re: Cars Direct
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Buying a car doesn't have to be a nightmare process...

(1) Read up http://www.carbuyingtips.com

(2) Figure out what a good deal is by filling out the spreadsheet from Chapter 4 at the above site.

(3) compose a fax - should be examples from OffroadX and myself here on the forum.

(4) Use Nissan's dealer locater and fax to as many dealers as you can. Preferably the last week in the month, Tuesday-Thursday (don't bother on a weekend, dealers are too busy to mess with faxes - middle of the week is slower).

I beat cards direct and the Costco buying service by over $1500. Took me an hour or so to fax 30+ dealers, one day of rejecting the non-serious offers (all by phone or email - no walking into dealers). Finally I got, on the first email from a dealer, exactly what I was looking for at a price about $500 better than I thought my best deal would be as predected by the spreadsheet from chapter four. Coupled with Nissan's then 2.9% financing and I was a very, very happy camper smile

It was easy, no fuss and I didn't even speak with the dealer I bought my X from until I called 'em up on the phone to confirm the options/color of the X and place a deposit (with credit card - always with a credit card!).

I showed up, the X was exactly as promised, filled out the financing paperwork with the loan officer and was on my way in a little under two hours (a good hour was me looking over the X, taking it out for a test drive, etc.)

I couldn't have been easier. I've had trips to the mall that were more frought with perl laugh

Services like carsdirect.com aren't necessarily a bad thing, but don't just accept the quote they give you without doing homework of your own too.

It's your money - so don't just give it away if you don't have to.

#92025 - 21/07/03 11:38 AM Re: Cars Direct
c1natra Offline

Loc: Telluride, Colorado
I went with CarsDirect. I'm sure I could have gotten maybe a couple hundred less if I went to the dealer with the CD.com price (they're in demand around here so dealers aren't 'dealing' too much). But I'm 70 miles from the closest Nissan dealer, and like Scott said, I just didn't want to go through the previously hellish process of buying a car from a dealer.

"What will it take to get you into this truck today?"

#92026 - 21/07/03 12:18 PM Re: Cars Direct
bostontim Offline

Loc: boston
I got the 5spd v6 4x4 with the power package, side moulding, auto dim mirror,tow hitch, splash guards, cabin filter and mats, for $21000 before taxes.

#92027 - 29/07/03 06:34 PM Re: Cars Direct
Anonymous
Unregistered

I got a 4x4 V6, automatic, power package, hitch, splash guards, etc from Car Max (lucky enough to have a Nissan dealer not too far away)for $22495 with 1.9% Nissan financing. I had the whole transaction done on line... all I had to do was test drive, sign a few papers, and leave... took about an hour. They even gve me more than I expected for my 2000 Frontier. I would recommend them to anyone interested in a Nissan. My truck was $3250 under MSRP and they had at least 20 similar vehicles there. Other local dealerships were priced over MSRP.

#92028 - 31/07/03 07:57 AM Re: Cars Direct
buffalo Offline

Loc: los angeles, california
I have to give a thumbs up to carsdirect. Went through alot of crap dealing with the dealers, including them selling my truck after i had put a deposit on it. No dealer in my area could come close to carsdirect price. In the end I was at the dealer for less than an hour with no bullshit.
I think if you are in an area where Xterra are in high demand then cars direct is the way to go. If you are in area where they sit on the lot for a while then maybe the dealer is the way to go.

#92029 - 15/08/03 05:30 PM Re: Cars Direct
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've gotta say I couldn't have gotten my Xterra without CarsDirect. I kept trying to reach dealerships via Edmunds and other sites, but nobody really responded to my requests until I went through CarsDirect. I didn't do everything through them, as I needed to talk to a dealership to get some extra incentives that I qualified for. However, the first week of my quote negotiations, I was recovering from having my tonsils out, so talking wasn't something I really wanted to do. I managed to get all my quotes via email, and all I did was drive into the dealership and sign the paperwork.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal