shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92316 - 18/09/07 02:23 PM Port City Nissan in Portsmouth NH
Anonymous
Unregistered

Hi. I was wondering if you guys might be able to offer me some advice for a problem that I'm having with these guys.

I was driving my 2005 Nissan Maxima yesterday and it's got a feature on it called Automatic Positioning System on it. Basically what it does is when you shut the car off and pull the key out the steering wheel moved all the way up in the tilt position and the seat moves all the way back making it easier to get out of the car. When you get back in, everything returns to the position that you like so you can drive. Yesterday it went up and back like it should when I turned the car off, but when I turned it back on nothing went back like it should...nothing moves and it sucks driving my Maxima with the steering wheel looking like it belongs in an RV or 18 Wheeler. Sooo...I took it to Port City Nissan in Portsmouth for the warranty repair. I got a call from Jason in their service department today saying the Coastal Nissan (where we bought the car) had done a recall in May of 07 and screwed up the installation of the lumber support motor. Apparently the APS is wired in with the lumbar support motor and when that failed, it caused the whole system to fail. They're saying that they will cover the cost of the parts that they put in the car, but because someone else screwed up the initial installation, they're not going to pay for the labor which is $320.00. They reluctantly said that they would let me keep the loaner car until tomorrow afternoon to see if I can get Coastal to agree to pay for the labor but I don't see why they would do that...there's simply nothing in it for them except keeping a happy customer happy. So basically what i've got going here is my car working fine now, but they're holding it for ransom.

My thoughts are that I should just pay and then talk to a lawyer because I need my car back and if I don't return their rental by 1 o'clock to tomorrow they're going to start charging me for that too.

I walked out of their show-room when I was shopping for this car because of some kooky shit they were pulling and I should have known that their service department was going to pull some too.

#92317 - 18/09/07 02:42 PM Re: Port City Nissan in Portsmouth NH
Anonymous
Unregistered

Tell it to em this way..... A Nissan Dealer Screwed it up. So they can take it up with Nissan. I would call their Service Manager up NOW.

#92318 - 18/09/07 03:06 PM Re: Port City Nissan in Portsmouth NH
Anonymous
Unregistered

I did but he was out for the day. Nice guy at Port City Nissan waited until 4:30 to call me so I had very little time to get the ball rolling on getting this fixed. The service manager is supposed to call me back in the morning. I agree, I shouldn't be involved in this at all...they should fix this themselves, but apparently Nissan dealers don't talk to eachother as a first option.

#92319 - 18/09/07 03:24 PM Re: Port City Nissan in Portsmouth NH
Anonymous
Unregistered

Sorry.... it was a recall... done wrong... by a Nissan Tech. You shouldnt have to pay squat.

If no one there can answer you then call 1800Nissan.

#92320 - 18/09/07 03:50 PM Re: Port City Nissan in Portsmouth NH
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree. I called NISSAN1 but they were closed already, so I'm going to try again in the morning if I don't get a satisfactory answer from the place that did the recall repair.

#92321 - 19/09/07 09:43 AM Re: Port City Nissan in Portsmouth NH
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well...it's over. I went back to the dealer this morning with my warranty that states "mechanical breakdown means the inability of a covered part(s) to perform the function(s) for which it was designed, due solely to defects in Nissan materials or faulty workmanship for which Nissan is responsible". That says to me that even if Coastal Nissan messed up the recall installation (which I highly doubt) that Nissan should still cover this and pay Port City Nissan the 320 bucks...not me. We went back and forth for a while in a conversation which culminated in my Wife threatening to call the police on the dealer and the service manager threatening to call the police on me. I calmed down and a few minutes later he says to us "If you can go home and sleep tonight knowing what you're doing to me, I'll pay the bill". I said "Sounds good to me, give me my keys". All I could say as I was driving out of the lot was "Wow". Thanks for the advice with this. Hopefully it's done.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal