shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Page 1 of 2 1 2 >
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92322 - 18/05/06 08:55 AM Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

Some of you may have seen my post about my Xterra suddenly dying while driving. I had no idea what caused it nor could anyone on here really give me a good reason as to what could cause it.

I took my xterra in to get it looked at because I am headed on a road trip tonight and I needed assurance it wouldn't happen again.

The Nissan Tech got mad and actually started yelling at me because I apparently "wouldn't understand" why he refused to service my Xterra.

He claimed that he will not service my Xterra since I have aftermarket parts and lights installed un-professionally. He said mainly, that since I had "post-factory" parts installed he doesn't have to look at it.

He flat out refused me service and said he would not service my Xterra until either:

A) I got the lights and CB radio/antenna professionally installed, OR

B) I uninstall all the wiring and take the lights and CB radio and antenna off the vehicle completely.

MAN I'M PISSED!!!

Sorry for the rant, I just thought I'd warn all of you before you take your vehicle into Boulder Nissan.

If any one else has had experience like this, please, let me know. Maybe we can do something about it on a more corporate level.

#92323 - 18/05/06 09:14 AM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

Have you tried to take it to another dealer? Some dealers are totally cool about aftermarket stuff.

#92324 - 18/05/06 09:17 AM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

I am going to take it to Tynan's in Aurora. However, I just wanted to get it looked at before I go out of town tonight. I will have to take it to Tynan's next week sometime.

#92325 - 18/05/06 10:02 AM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
koalakilla Offline

Loc: Woodlands, TX
Thats weird, Ive installed all of the aftermarket stuff on my truck and I have never been turned down by a dealer. Do you have wires hanging all over the place or something? How could he even assume that it wasnt done professionally.
SWXC Member #74

#92326 - 18/05/06 02:20 PM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

The dealer is the one that has to prove what you did caused the problem. It looks like he didnt do that either. You should have mentioned to him to show you what caused your problem. If its related then he has a right to charge you, not to refuse to work on your X. If it were me, there would have been some louds words exchanged in that dealership. Guess who would have won that arguement?

#92327 - 18/05/06 02:35 PM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

Then again, this is coming from a mechanic who told me the day before that anytime a vehicle malfunctions, it triggers a light on the dashboard. I knew this wasnt true and said that to his face. He replied with "Of course, what do I know, I'm only a mechanic".

After talking with Cyclemut, reassured me that what the other mechanic said was BS and that knock sensors set off a code and not a light.

And as to bad words being exchanged, I didn't want to resort to that. Then again, I am only 20 yrs old and he was like 45ish and probably thought I was just being a j@ck@ss.

Anywho, its all settled now. I will never go back there again. I have an appointment at Tynans in Aurora with Cyclemut later this month.

#92328 - 18/05/06 06:11 PM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

Some dealers plain suck, I had a similar experience with my Jeep YJ that was dying while driving. They tried to blame the alarm because it would kill the starter when triggerd. They never clued in that the starter is not in use while driving, and once it would die, the starter would work, but the engine would not start.

The crooked ones always try to screw you with any excuse possible. Most people either have one of those stories or know someone that does.

I guess we know where you will not buy your next Xterra.

#92329 - 20/05/06 11:23 AM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

It's ironic that I saw this thread today. I have been talking to Boulder Nissan via internet and phone about purchasing a new X. I had written them off as I'm getting a fuller deal from a stealership closer to me. But when they call and start hassling me, I let them know this thread was a big deal killer for me.

I hate bad customer service. And that's what dealerships are for. They don't make the product - just a service org. And one that treats customers like they did you will not get my business.

You don't know the first name of the tech, do ya?

I'm supposed to pick up my '06 Night Armor Off-Road from the other dealer in about an hour smile

#92330 - 20/05/06 04:56 PM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by gary_co:
... stealership closer to me...
I hate bad customer service. And that's what dealerships are for. They don't make the product - just a service org.....
Where did you finally end up purchasing your X from?

Not all 'stealerships' are rip offs.

I personally take more pride in my work than most other folks do at their job. Pisses me, and my wife, off to no end. But hey, I'm just a blue collar guy, low life scum to most, friend to some.

If you're in the Aurora area, stop on by for an oil change, and see how a real dealership treats it's customers.

#92331 - 22/05/06 07:38 AM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
He flat out refused me service and said he would not service my Xterra until either:

A) I got the lights and CB radio/antenna professionally installed, OR

B) I uninstall all the wiring and take the lights and CB radio and antenna off the vehicle completely.
It's becoming more and more of a trend that any after market RF equipment, especially radio TX equipment like CB's, ham and business radio's is setting big RED FLAGS with all service centers. As vehicles ( all makes ) become more computer depended for everything there is a greater risk of stray RF energy causing intermittent problems with what appear to be unrelated systems in a vehicle. Not that it excuses the dealer/mechanic's attitude. That's nothing more than piss poor customer service.

Quote:
Not all 'stealerships' are rip offs.
But trying to find a good one is getting harder and harder.

I'm not trying to impress anyone, and no, I don't know everything about anything, but I have been a certified ASE master mechanic sense the early 80's so I'm not stupid about vehicle service. I have found a very telling way to see the honesty and integrity of a dealership I am thinking about buying a vehicle from. I hang around the service writer area for while on 2~3 different days. That will tell you real fast what type of management is running that dealership.

#92332 - 22/05/06 04:12 PM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Cyclemut:
[QB
I personally take more pride in my work than most other folks do at their job. Pisses me, and my wife, off to no end. But hey, I'm just a blue collar guy, low life scum to most, friend to some.

If you're in the Aurora area, stop on by for an oil change, and see how a real dealership treats it's customers.[/QB]
You should stop by and see how Cyclemut and the service writers are there. Have an oil change, see the care Cyclemut takes of your X. Then when something major happens, like, oh say, a freaking manufacture defect that requires major surgery at 8k; you'll already know where to go.
I like to give Cyclemut crap on the fourms as much as the next Xer, but when it gets serious, he's the go to guy. [ThumbsUp]

#92333 - 22/05/06 04:41 PM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
[/QB]
Anyone, no matter what they do, who takes pride in their work is a low-life scum.

#92334 - 22/05/06 04:41 PM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

Question for Cyclemut: Do you (or techs in general) communicate these types of problems to the other dealership techs? When someone comes in from an other dealership with problems, do you call that tech an tell him what the negative experience was? Just wondering if there is some kind of "professional courtesy" phone call or something.

#92335 - 22/05/06 05:06 PM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Where did you finally end up purchasing your X from?
I ended up buying from Empire in Lakewood. They seem professional, but I don't have the experience you do. So, time will tell.

I live in Golden, but when I get near Aurora I'll do some business there.

Nice to see somebody that takes pride in their work.

#92336 - 22/05/06 07:03 PM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Garrett E:
......The Nissan Tech got mad and actually started yelling at me because I apparently "wouldn't understand" why he refused to service my Xterra.

He claimed that he will not service my Xterra since I have aftermarket parts and lights installed un-professionally. He said mainly, that since I had "post-factory" parts installed he doesn't have to look at it.......

......Maybe we can do something about it on a more corporate level.
He is absolutely full of sh!t. There are laws about this sort of thing. First and foremost, the burden of proof is on the stealership to deny warranty work.

For example, they can't begrudge you engine work because of an idler arm brace.

Your best bet to get the truck fixes is to visit a real dealership like Tynan's (Allen). Once he gets you fixed up then we can take care of "holmes" at Boulder.

First step is to post his name on the internet. get word around how he treats his customers. Nissan may not care, but the owner of the dealership may not appreciate having their name drug through the mud because of one bad apple.

A written letter to the general manager, cc'ed to the president of Nissan wouldn't be a bad start, either. Xterra owners are some of the most loyal Nissan enthusiasts; the company should at least try to follow existing warranty laws.

#92337 - 23/05/06 10:51 AM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

I agree that not all "stealerships" are rip offs. The Nissan I purchased my Xterra from was State Line Nissan in Kansas City, Kansas. They were absolutely incredible, and still are to this day.

Cyclemut saw my post on here the day it happened and gave me a call. I have an appointment with him on May 30th. I honestly can't wait to go. I have heard incredible things about him, and seen tons of stuff that he has done (including Phoenix).

I have yet to hear a bad thing about Tynan's Dealership and even though it is a good 45 minute drive to get there, I am going to start going there from now on.

I haven't even had my appointment yet, but just the way that Cyclemut treated me on the phone is reason enough to place my loyalties at his dealership.

I don't really have much else to say, most of this post was just a rant and to get other people to know of the service that they have.

I honestly can't wait until I go to Tynan's.

Anyways, I will update the other post I have (in Problems and Annoyances, "Engine Died While Driving...Help") so if someone else has this problem, they will have an idea of where to start.

#92338 - 23/05/06 12:09 PM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
electrobuzz Offline

Loc: Denver, Colorado
I've been going to Tynan's for anything more than an oil change for the last five years. Alan will not steer you wrong. The guys up front are knowledgable as well. There are incredible prices (even w/o an RMXC discount) compared to Peak. Good call!

Oh, and State Line Nissan is in Kansas Ciry, Missouri. [Wave]

#92339 - 23/05/06 12:17 PM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

Meh...KCK, KCMO, its all the same!

#92340 - 29/05/06 09:39 PM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by electrobuzz:
Oh, and State Line Nissan is in Kansas Ciry, Missouri. [Wave]
Kansas Ciry? Reary? I bought a Harry Davidron there ronce.

He He! Sorry, I couldn't pass it up! laugh

See you tomorrow Garrett.

#92341 - 30/05/06 01:15 PM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

The name of the guy that refused me service was Norm Irving.

Ironically enough, he is the Service Manager at Boulder Nissan. I can only imagine how his subordinates act.

On a side note, I went in to Tynan's today to get it looked at. Cyclemut helped me out a lot and got it all covered under warranty! Thanks!

(Turns out it was just the wiring harness for the positive terminal that didn't have a good connection. Apparently there was a few marks from where the battery tried arc welding it to the terminal.)

#92342 - 30/05/06 02:58 PM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Daggerdoggie:
Quote:
Anyone, no matter what they do, who takes pride in their work is a low-life scum.[/QB]
And you hope that applies to the "low-life scum" that built your X too, ASSHOLE?? [Finger]

#92343 - 19/06/06 03:34 PM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

Cyclemut,

I would love to have you fix my A/C. Dealerships scare the hell out of me because my hearing is shot. I've had Boulder Nissan treat me like scum after they changed management in like 2002 or something. One day everybody was gne and they just looked down their noses like I was deaf and dumb. Yuck.

I don't have a phone because I can use one. I do have email on a Sidekick that works. Ont top of it I have two year old boy. I need A/C for him.

#92344 - 19/06/06 06:10 PM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, I was going to say 'Call Ryan', but then you stated.....yeah.

If you want to, pm me the information, and when a good time is that you can make it, and I'll let Ryan @ Tynan's know when to make an appointment. Cool?

If that doesn't work, then we'll figure something out for you. We're always happy to help a fellow X'er!

#92345 - 23/06/06 09:20 AM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Daggerdoggie:
Quote:
Anyone, no matter what they do, who takes pride in their work is a low-life scum.[/QB]
Hitting the crack pipe a little too much lately? WTF?? [Freak]

#92346 - 23/06/06 01:31 PM Re: Boulder Nissan Refused
Anonymous
Unregistered

I think Dagger was making a funny...you know, a ha-ha.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 >

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal