2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92542 - 22/04/04 08:48 PM FAVORABLE EXPERIENCE AT A WESTERN NC DEALERSHIP
Anonymous
Unregistered

Anyone within a one hour drive (or whatever you feel is a comfortable drive) should check out Nissan of Hickory (North Carolina). Ask for Steve McMahan. I've bought Fords, Mazdas, Acuras, Volvos, and a Renault over the last 15 years and this in honestly the first time I've ever actually had what I'd call a good experience at a dealership. They were very professional and low-key during the sales process.

#92543 - 28/04/04 08:50 PM Re: FAVORABLE EXPERIENCE AT A WESTERN NC DEALERSHIP
RedX Offline

Loc: Granite Falls, NC
First off welcome to the XOC.

Secondly, I know the Nissan of Hickory guys very well....

And third...honk if you ever see me around Hickory. My office is right downtown, so you may bump into me. I will be driving the lifted Red Xterra with an ARB, winch and rear tire carrier.

If you have any interest.....many of us in this area (all of NC....and other areas of the SE..... actually) often get together for gatherings....both for off-roading and for other fun stuff.

And saw in your profile that you're into metal.....my collection of said is now at 3500 discs. So you're in good company. laugh

Anyhoo....welcome again.

http://www.metzgardesign.com

#92544 - 29/04/04 07:50 PM Re: FAVORABLE EXPERIENCE AT A WESTERN NC DEALERSHIP
Anonymous
Unregistered

RedX -

Did you go to the Godsmack/Metallica show last Friday at Charlotte Coliseum? A good time was had by all. I'm sure I was the only banker in the building !!! I'll be on the lookout for your red X around town. My brother-in-law lives in Granite Falls, directly across from the rec center. He's a good guy. You should stop in sometime to visit. I'm trying to convince him to get a Nissan product; probably the 4 door Titan would work for him. It will be a tough sell, though. He's a Chevy Silverado/deer hunter/Buy American kind of guy. I need to share with him the benefits of reliable Nissan quality. My X makes my 3rd Nissan and I keep trying to convince him now is the time to buy.

Your # of metal discs is impressive. Since I'm in my mid 30's and grew up with records, I've been hesitant to replace them with discs and have duplicates of the same album. So, I'd have to estimate my metal discs # to be pretty low since I've got all of those old records in my closet.

Hope to see you around town ...

#92545 - 29/04/04 08:19 PM Re: FAVORABLE EXPERIENCE AT A WESTERN NC DEALERSHIP
Anonymous
Unregistered

RedX -

P.S. on that last post I made. I just scoped your resume on your website. You worked for Bob Holland? I used to work in banking in Lenoir (1997-2001) for a while and Bob and I were in the same Rotary Club. Bob's a nice, but different kind of guy. I always liked him. Also from your resume I see you're an App State grad. So is my wife. Within the next couple of days, or so, I'll see if I can locate your business phone # and maybe we can hook up for some lunch or something. Based on your mods to your X and the photo on your profile, I'm just hoping you don't classify me as a "banker yuppie", although I probably fit the definition. Metal is still the best. Anyway, I'll check later in the week, or over the weekend, for a reply.

#92546 - 29/04/04 09:02 PM Re: FAVORABLE EXPERIENCE AT A WESTERN NC DEALERSHIP
RedX Offline

Gamecock (real name?)....

Yeah....we'll hafta hook up for lunch. My days are pretty free, in that I can take lunch whenever. I'm heading out tomorrow to play around in 4wd at Uwharrie (you need to join us sometime)....with our ENCXC group. But next week is looking open for me. Hit me on my cell phone.....828.238.7972

Yeah....I worked for Bob Holland....as did my wife. Bob may seem like a nice guy....but don't work for him....you'll change your impression.

I'm also a mid-30's something so....I used to have a lot of records....but they're packed away somewhere. So CD's have replaced them.....big time.

I don't judge anyone by what they do.....banking is cool.

Anyhoo....I look forward to meeting up at some point.

#92547 - 06/05/04 09:37 PM Re: FAVORABLE EXPERIENCE AT A WESTERN NC DEALERSHIP
Anonymous
Unregistered

RedX -

You asked for my real name. It is Duffie McKee. I'm a commercial banker for BB&T in downtown Hickory. Gamecocks (XOC name) is my favorite football team, and college I graduated from (U. of S. Carolina). Work got the best of me this week and I didn't try your cell #. I'll jot down your cell # and attempt to hook up in the next few weeks.

Although the XOC is definitely for enthusiasts, my X is mainly for creature comforts like A/C, 4WD in the rare snow we have, 6-disc changer, great stlye, etc. I'd look forward to accompanying any western NC XOC members on an off-road excursion.

Thanks ...

#92548 - 11/05/04 08:41 AM Re: FAVORABLE EXPERIENCE AT A WESTERN NC DEALERSHIP
RedX Offline

Very good....

Yep, you're right around the corner from me. I actually bank at that BB&T regularly....so I'm very familar with it. My office is one block over.

Anyhoo.....We'll have to try and meet up at some point. We're not all about off-roading. Many of the locals often get together for dinner or other fun stuff....driving on the beach at the Outer Banx, etc.....you get the idea. Many of us have young children and spouses, so we try to have some gatherings that will accomodate them and their interests as well.

Talk with you later. [Wave]

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal