I just got my truck back after an all-day stint at Nationwide Nissan in Timonium, MD. They took it in at 8 AM today to do the 12,000 mile check (oil, fluids, tires, etc) and to look at the suspension (which needed lube) and the drivers window (which now needs a new regulator).

They told me that they'd have it done by 2:00, and to come back and pick it up then. I gave them both my home number and cell number and asked that they call if it would be later (as it's a 20 mile trip in Baltimore traffic from my house). I left my house at 1:50 and got there around 2:30, giving them a solid 30 minutes extra to work on my truck. Suprise, suprise, I get to the dealer and the paperwork isn't at the cashiers counter. They tell me I need to talk to the "service coordinator" so I do so. The rat bastards hadn't even taken my truck into the shop yet! They hadn't TOUCHED it.

The service person is like "I'm very sorry, no one told me that you were expecting it to be done by 2." So I was like whatever... just tell me when it'll be done... she said she'd put it right in and it would be an hour and a half.

So I sat in the waiting room for an hour and a half. Once I finally got the truck back, I walked around back to get it (because they hadn't brought it out like the said they would) and the entire underbody, wheels, wheel wells and step rails are covered in what looks like mud of some sort. This after I just carefully washed it yesterday, top to bottom. A minor annoyance, but when put on top of that hour and a half waste of time, I was pissed off.

This is not the first bad experience I have had with these people. When I bought the vehicle, the front bumper had a deep scratch on it and they gave me an IOU to have the bumper replaced. The dealer told me that I could do it with my first oil change. Then when I went to redeem it, with my first oil change (a little over two months later) they told me that the certificate was expired. Sure enough, it said redeem within 30 days. My fault for not reading it carefully, but the dealer said bring it in with my first oil change. Who needs an oil change within 30 days of getting a new vehicle??

In any case, while I like the deal they gave me, I will no longer be using Nationwide Nissan as my service provider. I have to take the truck back to get the window regulator installed, as they had to order it, but that will be my last dealing with them. I'm going to take it to a more local Nissan dealer and see how it goes with them.

Just something to consider if any of you are looking to buy in the Baltimore area.