2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92568 - 28/05/04 05:14 AM Avoid Sutherlin Nissan - Gwinnett, Georgia
Anonymous
Unregistered

After getting my new Xterra last year I got my first oil change at the Gwinnett Place Nissan near Gwinnett Place Mall. They were rude and rushed me. I then started going to Sutherlin Nissan. They were not as rude, but still did not give me the customer service I expected for what I was paying. Then they finally did it when they scratched the back of my hatch. It was so obvious and they tried to blame it on something else. I think all of you are like me and you know what scratches you have and dont' have. I finally got them to do something about it. After the first wash I found that they only covered the scratch. I am tired of dealing with them and won't go back.
Do others have this problem of terrible customer service with Nissan dealerships? My wife always gets treated well at Honda dealerships (ok, yeah she is much better looking than I, but still). I am going to try one last Nissan dealership next week. If that doesn't work out I'm going to see if the Honda dealership will do my service.

#92569 - 28/05/04 09:09 PM Re: Avoid Sutherlin Nissan - Gwinnett, Georgia
Anonymous
Unregistered

If you take it to the Honda dealership, be sure to take your own Nissan oil filter and a new crush washer.

They'll probably take care of you, no problem. Especially if you mention the great service that your wife recieves there. Be sure to ask for the Service Writer that she deals with, as they'll have a vested interest in making you happy.

By taking your own filter and crush washer, you'll have to wait less time for the oil change, and you'll insure that you get quality parts for your X. That, and they won't have any excuse to say 'No'. Be sure to tell them how much oil it takes, or tell them where the owner's manual is. That should help.

Good luck.

#92570 - 30/05/04 04:50 AM Re: Avoid Sutherlin Nissan - Gwinnett, Georgia
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Not sure where in Atlanta you are but do you know where Stone Mountain Nissan is? I also had my troubles with Gwinnett Place as described in my other thread here. I used to live behind Stone Mountain Nissan before I moved to Lawrenceville and I have never had any trouble with them while servicing either of my X’s. It’s a little out of the way for me now but they are the only dealership I will go to. They are fast too, hardly ever a wait in and out for an oil change in less than 45 minutes. Plus their parts department will match some Internet prices.

They used to be known as performance Nissan but they are on Hwy 78 between Ross Rd and Killian Hill.

Oh yeah and don’t forget to join www.sxfc.org we have 75 members 24 of which live in the Atlanta area.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#92571 - 30/05/04 04:57 AM Re: Avoid Sutherlin Nissan - Gwinnett, Georgia
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Oh forgot to mention. While you were at Southerlin did you happen to look at their X’s on the lot? They add that rear wind deflector to all of them (the type you have to drill into the body for) and add $200+ to the sticker price for it. Not many people add those on their own so any X you see in Atlanta that has one you know its going to have that ugly plastic “Southerlin” badge on the hatch too.

They also charge $200 for wheel locks, $400 for a rear mat, $600 for load warriors etc. I even found where they added $400 for step rails on an SE that came with factory step rails!

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#92572 - 18/06/04 09:16 PM Re: Avoid Sutherlin Nissan - Gwinnett, Georgia
Anonymous
Unregistered

i dont know...i dont agree with your opinion about sutherlin. i bought my x from there a week ago and they were pretty nice about it. I noticed that a tail light was out as soon as i brought it home, but i bought all the warranties with it so i get all the maintainance on it done free so they fixed it up within minutes.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal