shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92686 - 14/03/04 11:42 PM Rust and Rusty Service
Anonymous
Unregistered

Ok, I'm really really having problems with the Nissan dealership and their rust warrenty. Ok, I guess some 2000 Xterras came off of the line and got splashed with some stripper on the tail gates. The result is small patches of rust that are seeming to grow.

Well, I went to Peak Nissan and I dare say they told me one thing and did another. They told me that the problem did exist with the factory and that they would cover it. But I told them of the miles and they immediatly told me that that was outside of the warrenty period (57K at the time). Well, the warrenty states that the milage is unlimited and the warrenty duration is 60 months. I was wondering if anyone had the same problem and how they fixed it with the dealer.
Love the Xterra, just not to keen with some of the dealerships (Pikes _____ for example, not to name names).

#92687 - 26/03/04 10:10 AM Re: Rust and Rusty Service
Solar Offline

Loc: Massachusetts
I have a 2002 that had the rusty hatch. It was not isolated to 2000.
I called corporate Nissan and went to the dealership. Major pain in the ass. At the end I had a brand new hatch instlled and painted. Paint doesn't really match but they tried 3 times to make it match so I gave up !
POINT.... call Nissan corporate and don't stop calling them till they fix it (assuming you are sure your paint warrenty is unlimited milage?)
[Wave]

#92688 - 06/04/04 11:50 PM Re: Rust and Rusty Service
BOOM Offline

Loc: WISCONSIN
THIS IS NUMBER 69 for me WOW getting there... Well i have one for you then . one my driver door on the bottom JUST above the area where it looks ruff a little i have a paint chip like a dime size and also on the hatch is the same thing on the right hand side .. im going to ask the shop WTF are you all going to do to help me out.. not this paint in the little bottle trick [Geek] if i have took out the paint and seat and under coating warrenty you know... is there a thing some where that says that they have to redo the under coating if it is looking like SHEIT ? just wondering i dont wanna have my XTERRA rust like a TOYO eek or FORD [Crybaby] and CHEVY [Finger] from underside .. well if you think of anything that i shold do let me know here or even email me THANKS AND TALK TO YOU SOON.... [Wave] [Spit] [Wave]

if you wanna get it DIRTY, Then go in and get some MUD !! ON IT

#92689 - 07/04/04 09:33 AM Re: Rust and Rusty Service
Guido Offline

Loc: Albertville, MN
BOOM,

Your posts make my head hurt...

#92690 - 07/04/04 11:46 PM Re: Rust and Rusty Service
BOOM Offline

well that is alright i hope you can read it and it makes cents?? well later.. and ENJOY [Wave] [Wave] [Wave]

#92691 - 08/04/04 06:50 AM Re: Rust and Rusty Service
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Quote:
Originally posted by Guido:
BOOM,

I agree.... It kind of reminds me of Japanese cartoons.

#92692 - 08/04/04 11:47 PM Re: Rust and Rusty Service
BOOM Offline

Quote:
Originally posted by lincolnnellie:
Quote:
Originally posted by Guido:
[b]BOOM,

I agree.... It kind of reminds me of Japanese cartoons.[/b]
WELL Japanese it might look like but damn just givin my 2 cents worth well where is XOC saying his pennies about it not yeat.?
smile [Save the fine unicorns] [Crybaby] [Freak] [LOL] [Wave] [Rainbow]

#92693 - 09/04/04 07:39 AM Re: Rust and Rusty Service
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal