2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92697 - 05/03/01 09:22 AM Collins Nissan Indianapolis
EPark29 Offline

Loc: Indianapolis, Indiana USA 01'X...
I purchased my "X" from Collins Nissan in Indianapolis. "X"tremely happy with the sales and service team. I have no problem with recommending them to my family and friends.

------------------

#92698 - 06/12/02 01:16 PM Re: Collins Nissan Indianapolis
TrialsX Offline

Loc: Florida
I'm not usually one to "flame" however, I wanted to post this. My X has almost 60k miles on it, and the front brake pads are squealing pretty good. It's kinda cold out now, so I went to the closest dealer for a pad replacement. The service guy stood there, while making my appointment, and told me it would take about 3hrs, and they need to disassemble the hubs and repack the wheelbearings to get to the pads on the Xterra. eek

I was 95% sure he was full of sh*t but just went along with it for the moment and made the appointment. I have replaced pads on other vehicles, but not a Nissan, so I didn't want to jump to judgement. I didn't think that it had anything to do with pulling the hubs apart at all! So, when I got home, I broke out my Haynes manual, and 'searched' this board. Needless to say, I do think this guy was trying to jack me.

I didn't get this guys name, but it you are in the service dept at Collins, keep an ear out for BS....

Oh, yea, I will be cancelling my appointment. laugh

#92699 - 07/12/02 04:56 PM Re: Collins Nissan Indianapolis
InfX708 Offline

Loc: Ft. Bragg, NC
The service dept at Collins leaves a lot to be desired, but the sales staff was top notch. I bought mine there back in Feb 00. I believe my saleman was named Bob. Really nice guy, no pressure, no bs. I shot him a figure that I got from a dealer up north - Sam's Club price (and I added the towing package for free, just to see if they would bite) - and he came back with an ok. I'd highly recommend the purchase. For service, I would take it to Lafayette - can't rememebr the name, but they do a very good job and are very friendly and helpful.

#92700 - 07/12/02 05:22 PM Re: Collins Nissan Indianapolis
Mobycat Offline

Loc: the hue of dungeons and the sc...
Quote:
Originally posted by TrialsX:
The service guy stood there, while making my appointment, and told me it would take about 3hrs, and they need to disassemble the hubs and repack the wheelbearings to get to the pads on the Xterra. eek
It's true! And I bet you didn't realize if you need to replace your headlight lamp, you have to disassemble your radiator. laugh
"Nature has constituted utility to man the standard and test of virtue. Men living in different countries, under different circumstances, different habits and regimens, may have different utilities; the same act, therefore, may be useful and consequently virtuous in one country which is injurious and vicious in another differently circumstanced" - Thomas Jefferson, moral relativist

#92701 - 10/12/02 05:38 PM Re: Collins Nissan Indianapolis
TrialsX Offline

Loc: Florida
This is a perfect point to restart the debate on whether to replace one or both of the muffler bearings!!! [Laughing]

Anyways, I thought some more about it, and all I can figure was that service rep was going to replace not only my pads, but my rotors as well. That would be the only reason to pull the hubs apart. Anyways, I spent the $30 for pads at autozone and found a friend's garage to do the swap. No problems. Big thanks to Santa Haughs for even putting the heater out in the garage an hr before I got there!!

And, to present the other side, the parts dept at collins has seemed to be pretty good as well. Just watch it around the service guys...

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal