2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92824 - 04/04/06 09:39 PM Avoid Tustin Nissan, CA
Anonymous
Unregistered

Took almost 6 months to fix the fold-flat problem with the passenger seat. There's TSB and they fixed it in September. Soon after, the lift handle broke..so much for their fix, and came back in December when the part arrived. Guess what, wrong part.

But that was the manufacturer's fault, they said, saying the right part was listed as an ashtray? After months of followup and no response from them, in March, I finally tell the Svc. Mgr I'm fed up. He tells me they can't do a thing...part's been on backorder for months, and to complain to Nissan directly.

I do that in April, and guess what...the dealer calls me back and says, "Hey, we had your part for a few weeks now..guess you didn't receive our message." Suuuure...I'm sure my calling Nissan had nothing to do with it.

Finally got it fixed today, and did a quick inspection to make sure it worked, but as I'm driving off, guess what, I have a funny feeling, pull over and look at the chair.

The flat back part of the passenger seat is not straight...in fact, its the panel that allows access to the inside of the chair for the fix, and they didn't even put it back right...I could wiggle it and it just popped off. Talk about a piss-poor job...too bad I didn't have a camera..you would have been shocked at how they could let me drive off with this thing barely hanging on...I guess when I returned the seatback from initial inspection, the force knocked it loose.

And on top of that, when I drove off, they had left the lock device hanging from my rear window...I would've had to drive back anyway! eek

There's always been lil signs of sloppy service, forgetting the complimentary wash, or getting the wash, but the vehicle is not dried off completely, or the techs always telling me they couldn't reproduce the creaks I know happen like clockwork, or oily fingerprints and scratched plastic from their work, but I was willing to overlook most of it. This one though really takes the cake, and though I dearly love my X, I'm glad I'm selling it and not having to bother with this dealership again.

Sorry for this long rant.

#92825 - 01/06/06 11:00 AM Re: Avoid Tustin Nissan, CA
Todrick Offline

Loc: Arizona
I have to completely disagree.... Especialy when it comes to being treated well... Maybe it is because I have not had to deal with service yet but Sarah in sales has been one of the best people in the auto sales industry I have ever dealt with... And that's saying a lot as my dad was GM of a large ChryPly dealer for over 25 years.

#92826 - 01/06/06 11:54 AM Re: Avoid Tustin Nissan, CA
Anonymous
Unregistered

you get complimentary washes?!?! [Freak]

#92827 - 01/06/06 03:47 PM Re: Avoid Tustin Nissan, CA
Todrick Offline

a good dealer will give you a comp wash with minor service like oil changes... and a comp detail with more major service...

in my case they fealt bad that i didnt get my tank of gas when i bought it due to leaving VERY late... so i got mt tabnk of gas and a comp Detail at my convienience... today.

#92828 - 01/06/06 03:50 PM Re: Avoid Tustin Nissan, CA
Todrick Offline

this part makes me question the post's validity

Quote:
Originally posted by guymenton:
This one though really takes the cake, and though I dearly love my X, I'm glad I'm selling it and not having to bother with this dealership again.
I mean... if you love your truck, would you really sell it because of bad service that was caused in part by difficulty in obtaining a part that was part of a TSB?

especially when selling a vehicle that is less than 1 year old will most likely COST YOU a lot of MONEY.

I'm thinking guymenton is probably not the brightest bulb, but what do i know.

#92829 - 01/06/06 08:09 PM Re: Avoid Tustin Nissan, CA
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Even if the sales department is good some of the small details are intolerable such as the oily fingerprints, leaving tools and parts not properly policed up...

I do take issue with the noise and creak thing though. My fiance is a service manager and that is one of her biggest hassles are the odd noises that customers hear but can not be duplicated in a maintenance environment. Did you ask that a tech or service writer, or even the service manager, ride with you. If so then im sorry but if not...well thats your own fault then...

Lastly selling a vehicle over one dealership is a rather rash decison. One Nissan dealer here is pretty bad so I just go to the other one...

For what it's worth hope you find something that satisfies you.

Tim

Thomas Jefferson

#92830 - 13/06/06 12:19 PM Re: Avoid Tustin Nissan, CA
Todrick Offline

my detail was.. well detailed.

very nice job, and my opinion stands.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal