shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92913 - 29/06/04 06:59 PM Academy Nissan (Colo Spgs)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Bought my X here in Feb 2001. I took it there a few times during the first 3 years for the automate applications. I wasn't too pleased with the purchasing process, but the service seems to be OK. I'm suspicious that they may have slightly dented my hood one time during an automate application. I do most stuff on my own (oil change, service, etc.). I'm nearing 38k miles and am thinking the front brakes might need to be replaced. How much can I expect to pay for this?

Anyone else dealt with Academy Nissan in Colo Spgs?

#92914 - 29/06/04 07:49 PM Re: Academy Nissan (Colo Spgs)
Anonymous
Unregistered

$150 at Just Brakes for the fronts. Your rears should be fine. It cost more because they have to remove the hubs to lathe the rotors.

#92915 - 29/06/04 07:52 PM Re: Academy Nissan (Colo Spgs)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Never dealt with them for a couple of years, but it was decent then. I would go with just brakes though.

Hey Stop by www.RMXC.org

#92916 - 30/06/04 08:19 AM Re: Academy Nissan (Colo Spgs)
Hawkeye Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs ,CO,USA
So far they have been ok when I have gone in, however sometimes it seems that I know more than the service advisors do. I would do the brakes yourself or take them to brakes plus. I went to the one on N Academy by Chapel hills and they did mine for around $150. They lasted 48k and when it was time to replace again they gave me replacement pads for free, (I changed it myself). Just don't think you have to buy all the junk they will try to upsell you on.
Now:
'04 Ttan LE CC
"Drink it up, this ones for you, it's been a lovely cruise"-Buffett

#92917 - 30/06/04 04:12 PM Re: Academy Nissan (Colo Spgs)
xterra3202 Offline

Loc: Georgia
Hawkeye,

My family has bought three nissans from academy going back to when they were in motor city to include my X. Their sales has gone from friendly to very pushy?? As far as service goes I personally would try elsewhere. Not sure where you are in the city but the Firestone on the corner of Woodmen and Rangewood (North Side) is really good for brakes, try them. Hope this helps a bit!!!

Thomas Jefferson

#92918 - 01/07/04 06:11 PM Re: Academy Nissan (Colo Spgs)
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Alpine Spirit:
Hey Stop by www.RMXC.org
Tried the site, but it went bonkers. Maybe later.

Thanks for all of the advise (everyone), I think I'm going to go to Brakes Plus for an alignment, so I'll have them check the brakes, too. I think they do that anyway. Could be that I don't even need replacements yet. I'm going to get 265/75x16 Land Terrains from the Wal-Mart on Powers and Woodman, but I don't want to stray too far from the purpose of this thread.

#92919 - 05/07/04 09:03 PM Re: Academy Nissan (Colo Spgs)
Anonymous
Unregistered

All around they seem pretty shady. I bought my X there and ended up at the dealership late because they tried to swindle some extra shit into the deal. They've returned my X late EVERY time I get it serviced there. I'm giving the new dealership on Woodmen a try for my next service.

See you on the trails......

Welcome to XOC!

#92920 - 06/07/04 07:28 AM Re: Academy Nissan (Colo Spgs)
Hawkeye Offline

Loc: Colorado Springs ,CO,USA
You do realize they are owned by the same people don't you?
Now:
'04 Ttan LE CC
"Drink it up, this ones for you, it's been a lovely cruise"-Buffett

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal