shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#92978 - 16/08/00 04:46 AM Good dealership...
swampwrecker Offline

Loc: Brunswick, GA
I've heard some horror stories about dealerships on both the Yahoo and ITW board, so I guess I'm lucky that I have a pretty good dealership. I talked to 2 salesman, the first one really knew nothing about the Xterra, the second one was pretty knowledgeable. I didn't really care about that too much, it really is the service department that did it for me. The guys in the service department at Admiral Nissan in Pleasantville, NJ are top notch!
For the X's first oil change I took it to a local garage, they complained it took them a long time to find the oil filter and drain plug and they charged me an extra $10 because they had to take the engine skid plate off, which they didn't put back on tightly! Needless to say, it will only be going to Nissan in the future. (The garage mechanic did confess this was the first Xterra he worked on.)

-Michael

------------------
Michael Girardo
michael.girardo@avaloninternet.net
www.avaloninternet.net/users/bythebay/xterra

#92979 - 16/08/00 06:37 AM Re: Good dealership...
DaveDatsun Offline

Loc: Sahuarita, AZ
I bought my X at Bob Sharp Nissan in Wilton CT. They gave me a good trade for a *very* beat, 13 year old pathlooser and threw in some floormats for the X. Greg and the rest of the sales staff were professional and knew the vehicle.
A posting alerted me to the loose oil cap problem - sure enuf, I had one. About the same time I was crawling around under the X and I noticed some oil on the steering box. The repairs were performed under warranty in a timely, professional and courtous manner. What a change from the dealer in Peekskill where I bought the rustfinder or the dealer in Bedford Hills where I bought a Miata.
I hope there will not be any more warranty repairs needed, I do regular maintenance myself. I know that nissan dealers as a whole are rated very low, it was a pleasure to work with a dealer that deserves a better rating.

------------------
davedatsun & Xtoy

#92980 - 30/08/00 09:19 AM Re: Good dealership...
TravelingFool Offline

Loc: Prior Lake, MN
I LOVE my dealership. Feldman Imports in Minneapolis handles Mercedes and Nissan. One of their "perks" is for frequent travelers, at no cost they will drive you to the airport and while you're gone, they hand-wash the vehicle and perform any maintenance you ask for. The day before you return, they park your car for you at the heated underground valet lot at the Twin Cities airport! No matter how long I'm gone, I only pay a ONE DAY parking fee and my X is completely clean!

They've been up front, honest, and straigh-forward from the beginning. They even signed the paperwork I drew up saying that THEY would pay the first payment if the X I ordered wasn't here within two weeks of the date they quoted me.

They were the third dealership I tried. The other two stunk to high-heaven. When I asked the first, "Do you have a yellow 5-speed in stock?" He told me, "You'll get tired of shifting... you don't want a manual tranny, you should see this fine black auto over here..." Bull****. I hate it when a complete stranger tries to tell me what I like/don't like.

------------------

Thanks,

kjw &
"PNUT MNM"

The liver is evil, and must be punished...

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal