shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93023 - 27/09/07 12:19 PM Lynn Layton Cadillac Nissan in Decatur Alabama
Anonymous
Unregistered

Just got my X less than 3 weeks ago. Actually wasn't ready to buy yet. Been shopping around for almost 3 years for the right X and I just happened to swing through this dealership and 4 hours later I was financed and ready to roll. Drove it off the lot the very next morning. Super fast service on the financing and the year end models are at almost ridiculous prices right now. '07 models in the low 19's and not stripped ones either. Granted a few were 2WD but they are clearing their lot making room for the '08 models.

For those in the southeastern area (around North Alabama) I give a thumb's up on the service these guys provided. I was really surprised. No runaround and no hassle and they handled every bit of the paperwork. All I had to do was changeover my insurance and sign the papers.

#93024 - 27/09/07 04:16 PM Re: Lynn Layton Cadillac Nissan in Decatur Alabama
Anonymous
Unregistered

So did you get an 07 or an 04?

#93025 - 27/09/07 11:51 PM Re: Lynn Layton Cadillac Nissan in Decatur Alabama
Anonymous
Unregistered

I bought the 'O4. It was only slightly out of my budget.. [LOL] Blue Book valued it at $20,500 and the dealership sold it to me at $16,900. Only had 39,000 miles. One owner, local trade. And I thoroughly inspected it for signs of mud and off road and it was spotless. Had to be a grocery getter. And it still has 5 years left on the warranty. Maybe to others I got ripped off or paid too much but I've been shopping for close to 3 years or more just waiting for the right one and the right time. When I saw this one, a higher power took over me and I saw my life flash before my eyes and it was me in that X. cool

Seriously though... Every X I looked at overtime I managed to pick apart with flaws. Damage to the undercarriage, mud stained exhaust (because you can't wash that part off), just normal off road wear and tear. I wanted one I could "pop the cherry" on. The price may have been bad but the timing for me couldn't have been better.

#93026 - 28/09/07 11:36 AM Re: Lynn Layton Cadillac Nissan in Decatur Alabama
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well I like the first gen's better anyway. The S/C's are plagued with problems from what I read but I'm sure it'll be a great truck and serve you well as mine has. Best of luck to you!

#93027 - 28/09/07 12:21 PM Re: Lynn Layton Cadillac Nissan in Decatur Alabama
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks man. I've heard similar but I've also known of superchargers in general playing havoc on engines as well as malfunctioning themselves. Thank goodness it is covered under my warranty. Distant future plans are when the warranty expires is I'm hoping to drop in a standard 4.0 and add a lift. Can't do too much though without voiding the warranty. Starting out with exhaust, intake, rock sliders, skid plates and calmini torsion bars to take the strain off of my shocks from the weight of my brush guard. I see Shrockworks is quite popular among the group and I like what I see from them so far. Hoping to pop my X's cherry this weekend on a few trails.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal