shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 108 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93044 - 22/03/06 02:32 PM Martin Nissan are BLOOD SUCKERS
Anonymous
Unregistered

In Skokie, IL......Need I say more...........other than changed the price of the truck 3 times & financing rate 4!!!!!

Utterly disgusted!!!!

#93045 - 22/03/06 04:21 PM Re: Martin Nissan are BLOOD SUCKERS
DocNo Offline

Loc: NoVA
Did you still buy it from them?

if so you must not have been too disgusted :rolleyes:

#93046 - 23/03/06 07:05 AM Re: Martin Nissan are BLOOD SUCKERS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, to make a long story short, my fiance' made the mistake of letting them know that I got in an accident & that the insurance rental needed to be returned in a week. They then knew that I was desperate. further more, the x that I bought & put a $500 deposit down(which was supposed to be a special order promised to me in 5 weeks with the EXACT options that I wanted) is a granite off road with a 6 speed manual (rare, unique truck - harder to come by). they basically waited until they found one at another dealership & did a dealer trade instead of "special ordering" the truck (which I later found out takes anywhere from 12 to 20 weeks per another dealership). this "other" X had $500 more options than I wanted as well as not having a tow package & they weren't willing to deal on the price. I went in there the next day to cancel the order & grab my check & run to the dealer that had the truck on there lot & buy it & they had already done the trade the night before. Right then & there, I knew I was FUCT!! Then, just to make matters worse, the finance rate (which I had asked the salesman at least 4 times to get me hard numbers that could work with), that was originally told to me was that I could qualify for 5% & not to worry about it. WRONG!!! Once I was in with the finance person, she changed the rate 3 times & it went lower every time I "purchased" something from the dealership (ie. extended warantee etc.). I called her out on this & she said: "we buy coupons from the bank that allow us to get you a better rate". I have yet been able to veryfy the validity of that statement made by the finance person. at this point, they had already reeled me in & set the hook (I needed transportation & wasn't going to settle for anything less than I expected).

So, to add to your comment of: "if so you must not have been too disgusted" I would say this: If it wasn't for me calling them out on all of their shadiness & typical sales tactics, I would of been completely bent over a log on this one. BUT, the positive thing about it is that I now own a great vehicle!!! I'm happy with my new X but not the dealership (if that clarifies anything)

This is my first import that I've bought brand new. The last 2 brand new cars that I bought were Chevy & both of the transactions went 10x better than this one. My 1st new car transaction I was soooooo happy with. made me a great deal & gave me more than I expected on my trade in. Also, I had a problem with my AC 3k miles out of the factory warrantee & the dealership met me half way on the bill!! This dealership is Reichert Chevy in Crystal Lake, IL. I wish they had a Nissan dealership. I would of went there instead.

Yea, I guess all dealerships have a certain degree of shadiness. I'm just glad that I was able to manipulate them just as much as they manipulated me. example: I was able to get the extended warrantee $50 above their cost (so they say - showed me the spreadsheet with the prices - for whatever that's worth) & get free oil changes.

Thanx DocNo for your input!!!! I appreciate it!!

Now I gotta find a time to "break the offroad cherry" on my new X!!!

Thnx,

cipher77

#93047 - 23/03/06 09:51 AM Re: Martin Nissan are BLOOD SUCKERS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Congrats on the new truck!

I've dealt with Martin Nissan before, and I have a friend that works there as a tech. I don't know about the sales people but the tech guys are great.

I believe that if you buy a vehicle from them you get free oil changes every 3,000 miles as long as you own your truck.

#93048 - 28/03/06 09:29 PM Re: Martin Nissan are BLOOD SUCKERS
Anonymous
Unregistered

I've heard that they have gone down since they changed from fergus to martin. I bought my X from Star and did it without any hassle. The next week I went in with my parents and they bought an 06 Sentra and walked out with it within 2 and 1/2 hours later.

#93049 - 28/03/06 09:42 PM Re: Martin Nissan are BLOOD SUCKERS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by pofromchgo:
I've heard that they have gone down since they changed from fergus to martin. I bought my X from Star and did it without any hassle. The next week I went in with my parents and they bought an 06 Sentra and walked out with it within 2 and 1/2 hours later.
I bought my X at Star Nissan as well. You must live pretty close then, right? I'm right off of California and Devon on the north side of Chicago.

#93050 - 03/04/06 01:36 PM Re: Martin Nissan are BLOOD SUCKERS
Anonymous
Unregistered

Well, Now to add to the list of deceptions, When I "ordered" (yea right) this X, it was to have the towing package. My X, that they "found", didn't. They said that it had to be put on at an off-site store (master hitch in Palatine). I was really sketchy about aftermarket electrical connections with hitches & have heard horror stories about massive electrical problems that originated with "aftermarket" (non-factory) electrical installs for trailer light connections. I was over reassured by my salesman that the trailer wiring comes prewired & that the harness is tucked away somehwhere up in the undercarriage & when a hitch is to be installed, they just "pull it down". I made it very clear that this it was pertinent & the reason for having a factory wiring for the trailer hitch. Therefore, I asked him if I could have the truck put on a lift for my inspection. He replied with, "I don't think we can do that because of insurance/liabilty purposes". Well, I got down on my knees & looked under the vehicle & traced back the wires up to the side of the spare tire & it was all in wireloom. So, I guess he was telling me the truth, right? NOT!!!! Yesterday, I got on a creeper & followed it all the way back & found it "tapped" into another wire using one of those 1/2 cent blue wire taps!!!!! I about lost it!!! There was no silicone or even electrical tape on it let alone in wireloom. So, I just siliconed the crap out of it, & used chemical bonding electrical tape.

Again, If you want to get lied to & strung along, GO TO MARTIN NISSAN!!!!

#491460 - 12/07/09 08:38 AM Re: Martin Nissan are BLOOD SUCKERS [Re: Anonymous]
Twitch1358 Offline

Loc: Chicago, IL
I have had experiences at both Martin and Star. Star was extremely rude to me, the salesman took my keys and was refusing to give them back. I ended up yelling in the showroom because of this. Finally I got my keys back. The "deal" they were making me was way out of my price range and I said forget it. I told them what I wanted and all they said they could do for me was sell me a brand new car at some crazy interest rate. After getting my keys back, I left. Later went to Martin Nissan and received much better service. I ended up getting my 06 S from them (this was about 2 years ago). They never held my keys to my trade, never gave me any BS. I knew what I wanted and wasn't going to listen to anything else. And I got what I wanted with no problems. And yes, they do give free oil changes for the time you have the car.

So I guess it just all depends who you deal with. I don't know

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal