2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 80 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93089 - 08/03/05 05:33 AM Local Dealership in TN
Anonymous
Unregistered

It was a last year. My X started having clicking noise when I turn fan on. Sounds like fan is hitting something or something stuck in a fan. so..I brought my X to dealership for check up. About 30min after check up, service manager came up to me and said, a leaf stuck in fan. In order to remove it, They need to open whole front panel and It will cost $450.00 and it needs to be done by Tech. not a oil change boy. Well...the only reason that I brought my X to dealership was in any case I didn't want to break my warraty. but that wasn't covered by warranty and cost $450?..I came home and..open manual to find out where is a fan located. Luckly It was right next in-cabin filter that I replaced last summer. unscrewed couple of screws and dropped cover. Well..there was a fan cover! unscrewed 3 more screws and..There was a leaf stuck in a fan. I took leaf out and screw everything back and close plastic cover. It took 30 minutes and I'm not a trained Tech. Is this normal hassle from any dealership? or Our town has bad dealership? laugh

#93090 - 08/03/05 05:40 AM Re: Local Dealership in TN
Lincoln Offline

Loc: Wisconsin
Pretty normal for lots of "stealerships." I would go back and tell them off and demand to know why the hell they thought that they could charge that much.

Find another stealership also.

#93091 - 08/03/05 05:49 AM Re: Local Dealership in TN
Xorand Offline

Loc: LA (Lower Alabama)
Sounds like they had a little trouble properly reading their estimating software. I, too, would recommend finding a dealer with a little better comprehension of service procedures.

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal