Went to Gerald Nissan in Naperville, IL on 10/29. They had an ad in the Chicago Tribune for $500 below invoice on ALL '02 Xterra's. No mention of SC or not including SC. Also, supposedly 3.9% for 60 months. I love my '01 but this is set up to be a perfect trade. I want the SC and I can now get it for the same monthly payment (albeit I've sunk 12 months into the '01 or about $6,000 so I would start with a new 60 month loan instead of the 48 months to pay off) and all the benefits that accrue with a new car, right? Well, it didn't happen. They offered $17,900 for my trade. Yes, you are correct, sir. A car that retails for $23,900 and they wanted me to let go at that price. That was a slap in the face. Also, NO 3.9% for 60 months. That was for 36 months--it is actually 4.9%. OK no big deal, still better than normal 8.5%. Now, what about the price on the '02? Oh yeah, the Ad is only good for NON-SE-SC packages. So, full MSRP of $28,800. Uh, I don't think so. I'll take the new one for $26,000 plus throw in grille guard/tail guard/auto-dimming, etc. and I want $21,500 for my trade. At this point the salesperson becomes irrelevant & a "sales manager" (i.e just left Chevy last week and am looking to move on again/where are my ciggarettes with no e-mail address)comes over to explain to me how we don't want to insult anyones intelligence, here, blah, blah, blah. I get him down to $26,875 without the extras (and the car I wanted wasn't even on the lot) and he rises to $19,000 on the trade. Sorry, gotta go carve my pumpkins... As I'm about to leave, "sales Manager II" who can't get the job of his dreams at Infiniti comes over and says "hey, if we move another $500 will it work?" I says no, we are $1700 away and I don't even have a tow-hitch. He walks away. So, Black Book value $20,900, Blue Book Value $21,900, retail value $24,900. I get a $19,500 best bid. My X has all possible factory options. I have the neoprenes, WAAG grill/tail guards, deflectors, bug guard, tinted fronts, PIAA super greens, NEVER SEEN OFFROAD, washed at FULLER's for $24 a pop. NO flaws 12,000 miles (serviced at their dealership on time and paid in full). Not to mention the false/mis-leading advertising on the 2002. What am I missing here, am I out of line? I guess Nissan is trying to turn away the deal-lover friendly,low profit crowd and trying to command owner-loyal BMW margins, or something. I thought Nissan would love to sell me a new car at $26,000 every year and take my trade in at $20,000!? Heck, they have the hold/kick backs from corporate and I eat the depreciation. I can be the loyal dude they are looking for--highway miles used, pays invoice on new, etc, etc. In this economy, I can't get a deal?