shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 60 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93351 - 13/02/04 06:41 AM Great Experience This Morning...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Took my X in for the problem with the EC mirror and the service department was impressive. Very clean, friendly, and well organized. This was not the dealership where I got my X, but one they had recently bought. I can say that I am more than satisfied with East Tennessee Nissan, both the Morristown & Knoxville stores. The Knoxville store had my EC mirror fixed (turned out to be a loose wire, go figure) in minutes and I was on my way. The dealership (Knoxville store) has been recently remodeled since new ownership has taken over and it's seems as if it is a top notch operation.

Only one negative to note, they charge 62.99 to replace the micro-filter... [Freak] Do people really pay that to avoid a relatively easy install? I thought the filter was not all that bad the first time I did it, and thought while I was there today that I would just let them take care of it since it is due again, but NOT for that price!

#93352 - 13/02/04 09:14 AM Re: Great Experience This Morning...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
Did the Knoxville one used to be Ted Russell Nissan?

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

#93353 - 13/02/04 09:42 AM Re: Great Experience This Morning...
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
ETN sells alot, haven't heard about their service. Normally I go to Clayton's on Clinton HWY. Although not always the friendliest bunch, the techs have always gotten things right the first time.

#93354 - 13/02/04 12:16 PM Re: Great Experience This Morning...
Rickster43 Offline

Loc: San Antonio,Texas
Quote:
Originally posted by nrg510:

...Only one negative to note, they charge 62.99 to replace the micro-filter... [Freak] Do people really pay that to avoid a relatively easy install? I thought the filter was not all that bad the first time I did it, and thought while I was there today that I would just let them take care of it since it is due again, but NOT for that price!...
I think they cost around $30 for a new Microfilter...so, $35 relatively is alot for a simple "do it yourself" job...it is a very simple task...

"The Universe without Music would be Madness"...

#93355 - 13/02/04 05:58 PM Re: Great Experience This Morning...
Anonymous
Unregistered

OffroadX - No, it wasn't Ted Russell, they are still in business, I've had bad experiences with them, so I don't deal there.

Burgpath - ETN bought Clayton Nissan out! They completely remodeled the clayton store and I have to say I was impressed with it, that is how I avoided a trip to Morristown this morning. Seems like the Claytons are trying to sell everything lately...

Rickster43 - I thought it was too high as well, just thought I might not have to fool with it, but I have better things to spend that 35 bucks on!

#93356 - 16/02/04 05:18 AM Re: Great Experience This Morning...
BurgPath Offline

Loc: Knoxville, Tn
Quote:
OffroadX - No, it wasn't Ted Russell, they are still in business, I've had bad experiences with them, so I don't deal there.

Burgpath - ETN bought Clayton Nissan out! They completely remodeled the clayton store and I have to say I was impressed with it, that is how I avoided a trip to Morristown this morning. Seems like the Claytons are trying to sell everything lately...

Oh dear god no! You have got to be kidding me? $HIT and I liked dealing with them. I didnt have a good experience with the sales group at ETN, kinda slimy.

I'm in need of some major work coming up...now I dont know if I'll be headed to Claytons or not. I'll have to go by and see if the service managers are the same.

Ted Russell? Geez, those guys are complete slime balls, eww. I havent heard anything too bad about Airport Nissan, have you?

#93357 - 29/02/04 11:54 PM Re: Great Experience This Morning...
Anonymous
Unregistered

I can't say that I've had any experience with the Airport Nissan dealer. I avoid Alcoa hwy if at all possible. I hate trying to get in and out of dealerships on that road.

I've been really happy with ETN. My experience was great and if I can talk my wife into an Altima or Maxima, I'll being going back again.

#93358 - 04/03/04 12:25 AM Re: Great Experience This Morning...
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
The dealership I go to wants $100 to purchase and install the filter! My old X came with the filters but the new one did not. Thought there was cutting to the air box involved as the instructions on that come with the replacement filters indicate to..

“cut out the plastic shaded section indicated by the shaded area above the tab using a utility knife”

So I almost let them do it so I would not risk screwing up the air box. First time I took the glove box off to run some wires behind the dash I discovered my new X’s air box was precut and has a cap over the area that you just pull off and replace with the filters. How cool!

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#93359 - 04/03/04 03:31 PM Re: Great Experience This Morning...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Thanks for the info about the dealers here in Knoxville. I haven't yet had a reason to visit any service departments (knock on wood). But I'll keep that in mind about Ted Russell, which is the closest one to me. I'll be needing a timing belt change soon.
With Ted Russell being the closest, I do buy my filters there. The parts department guys seem pretty cool...no complaints.
I just picked up new micro-filters there a few days ago.

#93360 - 04/03/04 10:35 PM Re: Great Experience This Morning...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Knoxterra:
Thanks for the info about the dealers here in Knoxville. I haven't yet had a reason to visit any service departments (knock on wood). But I'll keep that in mind about Ted Russell, which is the closest one to me. I'll be needing a timing belt change soon.
With Ted Russell being the closest, I do buy my filters there. The parts department guys seem pretty cool...no complaints.
Are they cutting you a deal on filters? You can always check out xterraparts.com for good prices on about everything.

#93361 - 05/03/04 03:08 AM Re: Great Experience This Morning...
Ramness Offline

Loc: Snellville, GA (Atlanta)
Quote:
Quote:
[b]Thanks for the info about the dealers here in Knoxville. I haven't yet had a reason to visit any service departments (knock on wood). But I'll keep that in mind about Ted Russell, which is the closest one to me. I'll be needing a timing belt change soon.
Are they cutting you a deal on filters? You can always check out xterraparts.com for good prices on about everything.[/b]
Their prices are good... till you add thier shipping charges! $7+ to mail a $5 keychain!? You are better off going to your dealer and haggling over the price.

Garfield 2011 Red Brick Pro-4X
Radio Flyer 2005 Code Red Altima SE-R Sold
MagellanX 2003 Molten Lava SE 4x4 Sold
TabascoX 2001 Salsa XE 4x4 Sold

#93362 - 05/03/04 05:25 AM Re: Great Experience This Morning...
Anonymous
Unregistered

Quote:
Originally posted by Ramness:
Quote:
[b]
Quote:
[b]Thanks for the info about the dealers here in Knoxville. I haven't yet had a reason to visit any service departments (knock on wood). But I'll keep that in mind about Ted Russell, which is the closest one to me. I'll be needing a timing belt change soon.
Are they cutting you a deal on filters? You can always check out xterraparts.com for good prices on about everything.[/b]
Their prices are good... till you add thier shipping charges! $7+ to mail a $5 keychain!? You are better off going to your dealer and haggling over the price.[/b]
I'm not going through the trouble to save a couple of bucks on a few filters. However, I have been considering buying filters in bulk, by the case. That would be something worth shopping around for.

Any of you guys purchase bulk?

#93363 - 05/03/04 08:53 AM Re: Great Experience This Morning...
OffroadX Offline

Loc: Baltimore, MD
I buy 6 at a time, get 'em cheap, and they tape the drain plug crush washer to 'em too.

Tip: see if your question has already been answered before asking it. Try our handy-dandy search tool!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal