2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93407 - 31/08/00 07:30 AM Nissans suggestion to their dealers in the Sales Talk article.
Pikachu Offline

Loc: Gettysburg, PA
Of "Sponsor a local Xterra club and/or hold dealer sponsored events"
Is a GREAT IDEA and one that I hope more dealers will start doing.

SO what are the types of things we would like to see them start doing to help us out?

#93408 - 31/08/00 10:49 AM Re: Nissans suggestion to their dealers in the Sales Talk article.
Anonymous
Unregistered

Personally, I'd like to see dealers holding tech clinics - putting an X up on a lift and demonstrating to newbies maintenance we can do ourselves, pointing out the low points of the vehicles (diff, xfer case, etc.).

Perhaps giving classes on driving off-road (proper inflation pressures, stuck extraction, etc.).

It would be nice to have dealers sponsor monthly Xcursions, maybe supplying some Nissan hats, perhaps occasionally supplying lunch (subs (grinders/hoagies for those on the east coast), chips, drinks). I know this costs money, but it could possibly come out of discretionary funds, and would definitely be good PR. If Nissan wants to build a relationship with buyers, and wants them to come back for repeat purchases, this would certainly help! In addition, the sponsorship could provide a channel for feedback on likes/dislikes about the vehicles!

#93409 - 06/09/00 12:47 PM Re: Nissans suggestion to their dealers in the Sales Talk article.
DreadPirateRoberts Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA, USA
Quote:
Personally, I'd like to see dealers holding tech clinics - putting an X up on a lift and demonstrating to newbies maintenance we can do ourselves, pointing out the low points of the vehicles (diff, xfer case, etc.).
Perhaps giving classes on driving off-road (proper inflation pressures, stuck extraction, etc.).

My boss owns a Land Rover, and the dealership he bought it from has off-road clinics regularly. They seem to get a fair turnout, too. Granted, Rover's come in at a bit higher price-point than Xterra's , but I would love for my local Nissan dealership to sponsor an event like this.

------------------
'00 SE, 4x4, auto
Silver Ice
"Anybody want a peanut?"

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal