shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal
Newest Members
Glim, ChossWrangler, Patman, ChargedX, Randy Howerton
10084 Registered Users
Recent Posts
Shout Box

Who's Online
0 registered (), 85 Guests and 3 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93614 - 08/05/01 08:09 PM Is this a Warranty issue?
satrider Offline

Loc: South FL
I recently had my car tinted. While the guy was tring to put in the little strip of tint on the front window the compus thing on the EC Mirror broke off (it is hanging by a wire now connected to the mirror). Ever since this my compus stopped working. I told the guy that he will be responsible and he admited it could be his fault but I would rather have the dealer take care of it. If I take it to the dealer to get it fixed or replaced are they going to say its my fault and give me a hassle or will they replace it. Most dealerships won't hassle you for things like that, but I hear some stories about nissan so I want to know what I should expect before I go in there saying "why is the little piece on the mirror popping off sir"

------------------

#93615 - 08/05/01 08:15 PM Re: Is this a Warranty issue?
ILUVMYX Offline

Loc: San Diego, CA
No that's not a warranty issue and expecting anyone to pay but the window tint guy is extremely unfair... to Nissan and to us in the long run.

------------------
Eric Konarske & Lara, my X
'01 Solar Yellow XE 3 Pk. 4x4

#93616 - 09/05/01 05:15 AM Re: Is this a Warranty issue?
LadyVolFan Offline

Loc: Atlanta, GA
No it won't be covered under warranty. Any thing you have done by someone other than Nissan isn't covered. I had an issue with my brush guard and my bumper coming loose. Even though there was a service bulletin regarding the bumpers...someone else had been in there working on the truck and they could clearly not say whether it was a Nissan problem. I paid the cost of the repair, it was minor, and agreed that Nissan has taken the right stance on warranty issues. Just buck up little camper and pay for a new mirror.

------------------
2000 Silver Ice 4x2 SE
Senior Member - SouthEast Xterra Club

#93617 - 09/05/01 08:59 AM Re: Is this a Warranty issue?
imacsae Offline

Loc: El Paso Tx.
My suggestion is take the window strip off by the way it is called an eyebrow and take it to the dealer that way they will not know any work was done. If not the tint shop will probably give you the run around and you will end up paying for it or it will not be done by the dealer and maybe not done right.

------------------
'01 super black XE 4x4
name: VADER

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal