What can I say? Good sales department, but the sales manager comes across as being a little on the slippery side. The service department sucks. They are slow and don't feel any particular need to keep you informed. Case in point: I had a wrinkle, for lack of a better word, in my passenger side airbag cover. Not a big deal but it's a new vehicle and I want it damn near perfect. Perhaps I'm being picky, but it's my truck and I'm sheeling out 25K for it.

Well, the salespeople said "it'll be taken care of before you pick it up". It wasn't. They apologized gave ne a free oil change and a loaner while I waited for the repair, which the service guy on pickup day said would be a quick fix. I bring it in the next week when they were supposed to have the part, which they didn't. I dropped off the truck got my rental and carried on. Call at the end of the day... "sorry we have to order the part. It'll be in tomorrow" So I go back and pick up my truck b/c there's no reason to leave it overnight since they won't have the part until the next afternoon.

Next day, drop off truck, take loaner again. End of day I CALL THEM, "sorry it's on back order". What?! Nobody felt the need to inform me of this. 2 weeks later it finally comes in, they take all day to do it, and the new cover isn't much better than the last. We're now 3 WEEKS into this and have made no real progress. So now I complain to various people and they did nothing but lose my business. Their service department will NEVER see my X again.

Otherwise, I love her to death. I have NO regrets about buying her, and she has yet to dissapoint me no matter what I put her through.

So what can you take from this? My salesman, Jeremy Slater, was great. He was a bit new but excellent to deal with. If you come across him, talk to him. I think you'll be happy. The other sales people are ok too. The sales manager tries too hard to be a great guy, thus comes across trying to pull something over on you. If you're wary of this you'll be ok. Just don't go there for service unless you want a big run-around.

p.s. One thing I forgot to mention, that that Dallas post reminded me of... they never bothered to lock my truck wither time it was there. My mountain bike, CD's, and camera were in there. Nothing happened to them but I was still pissed.

Lesson learned: Don't leave anything of value in there while you're not there b/c you can't count on them to lock your vehicle. Even if common sense would seem to suggest otherwise.

[This message has been edited by 2kxtra (edited December 09, 2000).]

"not all those who wander are lost" -J.R.R. Tolkien