2002 Door Opening Trim
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:32 PM
XOC Still Lives
by OffroadX
01/04/24 08:31 PM
Shout Box

Who's Online
1 registered (Tom), 46 Guests and 0 Spiders online.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
Topic Options
Rate This Topic
#93826 - 16/10/00 09:03 PM SF Bay Area dealer recommendation
roots Offline

Hi,

I've been lurking on this forum for a couple of weeks and been reading a lot of informative posts. Now I'm ready to take the plunge and get myself a new toy :-)

I'm in the Bay Area and wondering if anybody has recommendation which dealership/salesperson to go to.

Also I'd appreciate if anybody can share their recent deals so that I have some knowledge what I expect to pay. I plan to lease if it makes any difference.

Thanks in advance!!!

#93827 - 26/10/00 10:10 PM Re: SF Bay Area dealer recommendation
kayak_x Offline

Loc: Bay Area, CA
I bought mine through carorder.com back when the going was good and the subsidies were large so I can't tell you a dealer to go to but I can tell you which to avoid... Stevens Creek Nissan.

The full story is elsewhere on this forum but I was bounced from their lot after pointing out to them that didn't know what they were talking about while they were trying to wheel and deal me. Skip them and go elsewhere.

------------------
- kayak_x
2000 Alpine SE 4x4

#93828 - 07/11/00 09:42 AM Re: SF Bay Area dealer recommendation
Nova Offline

Loc: Fremont, CA, United States
I bought my xterra through Fremont Nissan. It is located in Fremont CA close to I880 and Stevenson Blvd. I had a great x buying experience there.

Veruca Salt
Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory

#93829 - 10/11/00 11:29 AM Re: SF Bay Area dealer recommendation
gx_ca Offline

Loc: san jose, ca
geez, no one has good things to say about stevens creek nissan... that's where i got my x from. i guess they tried to hassle me and figured i was a girl and didn't know much about car buying & pricing, etc - but b-friend did a good job prepping me to kick some sales ass and get what we wanted not what they wanted to give us. so, b-friend & i stood our ground and said this is what we want to pay & no more. it probably helped that we had kbb & edmunds pricing info in our hands while talking to everyone (salesperson, sales asst mgr, sales mgr, new car mgr, finance mgr, service mgr, etc - they sent so many ppl to "talk" w/ us). plus, it was late @ night and they probably wanted to close the deal to get rid of us and go home. who knows exactly, but we got the price we wanted, & i feel like the biggest winner of all. cuz i'm really happy w/ the purchase & love my x!!!
so, happy trails to you if/when you get your x, too!

#93830 - 10/11/00 02:38 PM Re: SF Bay Area dealer recommendation
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Psst, gx_ca, I got my X from them, too.

#93831 - 10/11/00 03:11 PM Re: SF Bay Area dealer recommendation
gx_ca Offline

it's nice to know i'm not alone kirby34! i've seen a few solar yellows around town - maybe you were in one of them??? i cruise around in an alpine grn (hence, the g(reen)x(terra) in my username - the less typing the better). too late to promise everyone i won't tell where you bought your car from! i just can't wait to get my plates so i can stop advertising for them already...
happy trails
rs

#93832 - 10/11/00 04:24 PM Re: SF Bay Area dealer recommendation
kirby34 Offline

Loc: Santa Clara, CA
Never know, it could be me. Have to admit that although I try to keep my head on a swivel while driving, I haven't seen a green X around here. For easier identication, I have a bug deflector on the hood and ventvisors on the windows, plus I have rock sliders instead of the stock step rails. Lastly, in case you're behind me, you can't miss my license plate.

If I see you, maybe you'll be the FIRST person to actually return an "X-wave." (I got a smile one time from a young mom in a silver X, but no wave.)

[This message has been edited by kirby34 (edited November 10, 2000).]

#93833 - 10/11/00 04:56 PM Re: SF Bay Area dealer recommendation
gx_ca Offline

i must drive more! for now, i've got those darn stevens creek dealer sign in the l.p. holder. i've got the ventvisors on the windows as well.
but i promise! i'll keep my eyes open for your l.p. & be sure to give you an xwave! i really need one, too. no one i have seen in an x, has acknowledged me yet!

shrockworks xterraparts
XOC Decal